Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FrankenParker at Julia's (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21277)

Victor Wasylyna 04-12-2017 07:44 PM

FrankenParker at Julia's

I won (I think/hope) the Grade 2, 10 gauge lifter (#2367) that was on the block today at Julia's. It has mismatched numbers and mismatched Damascus patterns. Nonetheless, I had to have. (First hammergun.) Plan to shoot the hell out of it in the duck blind and boat. Curious what everyone's thoughts are on the gun.

This was my first auction purchase by absentee bid. I was hesitant to place a big bid and let the Julia's folks do the bidding, as I feared that it would not be truly competitive and just sell for my top bid. I am please to report that was not the case. Kudos to the folks at Julia's for running a fair absentee system.

-Victor

Jim DiSpagno 04-12-2017 08:59 PM

The number listed on barrel flat is an order number, the serial number is on the left side of the lug. Check it when you get it. . It may match the reciever or the fore end iron. Otherwise a fine gun to be shot with light 2 1/2" loads due to the square breech as opposed to a radius breech of later models. Congratulations on a nice looking gun

Garry L Gordon 04-13-2017 10:54 AM

I looked hard and long at this gun, but decided to wait on another upcoming auction. Congratulations on your new hammer gun. I have and use 8 hammer (3 Parkers) guns and enjoy using each. Enjoy. Post pictures, especially of the barrels, when you receive your new treasure.

Josh Loewensteiner 04-13-2017 05:34 PM

Great gun! I loved it! Congrats!!!

Victor Wasylyna 04-19-2017 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today I received my new hammergun, which was supposed to have mismatched serial numbers. After closer inspection, there appears to be a connection between the two different serial numbers. The receiver/frame is marked 15,056, while the forend is marked 14,305. As shown in the attached picture, the barrels are marked with BOTH numbers. Interesting! I will order a letter and see if there is a story.

-Victor

Garry L Gordon 04-19-2017 03:48 PM

If the letter reveals something interesting, please consider posting. This is an intriguing gun. Thanks for the picture...how 'bout one of the barrels?

Bob Brown 04-20-2017 04:12 PM

I've got a SSBP off a BHE that had two serial numbers stamped on it. I was curious so I sent for a letter. It said the SSBP was provided by the buyer to be reused and a discount was given. Perhaps the action and butt stock was lost and the forend and barrels were sent in to be reused? Or maybe Dad had a two barrel set and getting a new action and butt for the second set allowed each son to inherit their own piece of Dad's favorite? I'd be interested in hearing what the letter said if you get one. Hopefully the letter would have a bit of info on both serial numbers.

Dean Romig 04-20-2017 04:31 PM

I'd sure like to see pictures of the Laminated pattern of the barrels. That one should be stamped with a P on the forward area of the right barrel flat.

Stephen Hodges 04-21-2017 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That better, now I don't have to stand on my head to read it:rotf:

Mike Franzen 04-26-2017 01:29 PM

Can you show some pics of the barrels?