Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   An NH duck hunt in NH (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20313)

Pete Lester 12-08-2016 11:10 AM

An NH duck hunt in NH

2 Attachment(s)
The tide and temps were right for a morning hunt on the salt water today. My NH 10 bore had not been out on a duck hunt for quite awhile and I thought it was about time it got a turn. It's been a warm fall so far and ducks are rather sparse, geese are a little more plentiful. Not much was flying but around 7:30 I heard a honk and I got a pass shot at some geese, no time to change shells, 35 to 40 yards up and 1 1/4 ounce of bismuth #4 killed one dead fold in the air. I got a dusky duck as well that got a little too close later on. Home now and the work begins.

Rick Losey 12-08-2016 11:42 AM

Not a bad day out

Thanks for the pics

Stephen Hodges 12-08-2016 02:10 PM

Good hunt Pete. Bud and I are finding more ducks this year compared to the last two. Have had two pretty good hunts on the Great Bay side of Adams Point.

Pete Lester 12-08-2016 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Hodges (Post 206653)
Good hunt Pete. Bud and I are finding more ducks this year compared to the last two. Have had two pretty good hunts on the Great Bay side of Adams Point.

It's a little better than the last two years but far from what it used to be, or should be. Very few ducks moving again today. I was out for 3 1/2 hours and I saw maybe a total of 15 for the day.

Destry L. Hoffard 12-08-2016 02:57 PM

In point system days that was a duck and a goose limit in Southern Illinois. Blacks and mallard hens were 100 point birds, and we had a one goose limit in the early 80's.

Daniel Carter 12-08-2016 04:32 PM

I have missed your post's on duck hunts this year. This coming cold front may improve things. Has been very slow here as have the last two years.

charlie cleveland 12-08-2016 04:33 PM

it was a good hunt pete...them old 10 ga s are the gun of my choice...charlie

John Dallas 12-08-2016 04:41 PM

Years ago in MI the rules were so complicated you needed an accountant, a lawyer, and an ornithologist to stay out of trouble.

A friend of mine donated a duck shoot to a private club in St. Helen's Mich which was auctioned off at a DU dinner. The folks who bought it were accustomed to the liberal (6 birds, any species) of Canada. They went to the shoot, and shot the first two birds which came over - 2 hen Mallards. They were done for the day, and were mad as hell about it, given the money they had spent.

Dean Romig 12-08-2016 04:50 PM

Wish I had the camera just before dusk tonight. At least a couple hundred ducks and geese dropped into a half-acre pool here on the Shawsheen. Sure was a pretty sight.
WHF used to hunt ducks here along the Shawsheen and makes reference to it in NEGS.

Harold Lee Pickens 12-09-2016 12:13 PM

Hi Pete, how did that Baker 10 ga you picked up at Hausmann's work out, seemed like a really nice gun.