Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   7th Annual New England Fun Shoot (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5385)

edgarspencer 05-10-2012 09:15 PM

You lost me at "4 traps".

Dave Suponski 05-10-2012 09:28 PM

Edgar, There are two courses in one. The A and B traps will be more friendly for SxS field guns. Whereas The C and D traps are more for long tournament style shooting using those funny guns with the barrels going the wrong way and those strange little things that screw in the end of the barrels...:rotf:

edgarspencer 05-11-2012 06:46 AM

Gotcha.

edgarspencer 05-11-2012 05:35 PM

I grabbed a couple boxes of Eley 8ga, 3 1/4", 2oz.BB, to bring along if any artillery gunners want them. They are new production, Bismuth. They aren't mine, the owner gets $35/box.

Dave Suponski 05-12-2012 09:18 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well the weather was fantastic! We had a small turnout but one hell of a good time! Some pictures....

1) Larry,Edgar and Mike looking over a Super Fox

2)Robin,Danny with Frank Cronin and Edgar in the background

3)And the picture I never thought I would see! Larry picking up hulls for reloading. After all these years of "I'll never reload...Its a PITA....No Time...Bla..Bla...Ya right...Dean staring on in total amazement.

4)Dean grinding one up.

5)Our own Edgar Spencer

Dave Suponski 05-12-2012 09:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple more...

1)Mike trapping with Chris T shooting his wonderful 34"DHE straight grip 12 bore

2)Edgar,Jamie,Frank,Larry,Dave,Robin,Chris T,Chris's Cousin,Danny,Dean

Dean Romig 05-12-2012 09:45 PM

I agree Dave!! It was a fabulous day!
The weather was perfect - as was the companionship.
I would have posted some pictures too but all I have on my camera card are pictures of Larry rummaging through the buckets of empties.
Most of us shot our usual percentages but my brother-in-law Jamie, was voted "Most Improved". Nice shooting Jamie - I am impressed!!

Dave Suponski 05-12-2012 09:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few of Robins pictures.

1)We all felt sorry for Larry so we all pitched in scrounging hulls.

2)Another shot of Chris and that "Long legged" DHE 34 incher

3) Me and my new toy. 1934 VH 12 gauge skeet configured Parker I think I'm in love...

edgarspencer 05-12-2012 10:20 PM

It takes a big man to lug a 5 frame thunder-pole around, but Frank was up to the challenge. I wonder how many of the targets he smoked were from shear concussion.
I 2nd Dean's sentiment. I haven't had that much fun in............well, I can't remember.

scott kittredge 05-13-2012 06:19 AM

looked like a lot of fun, and i missed out on it:crying: i was falling behind in the shop so i couldn't make it. i will be in Pa with a big group for that shoot and it should be fun! scott