Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hello from Tejas (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34213)

Greg Dennis 09-07-2021 11:23 AM

Hello from Tejas

Thank you for the add to the forum look forward to learning more about These great guns. I made my first purchase last year in the 1926, 16 gauge on a 1 frame. Last Week I made my second purchase of a 28 inch barrel 16 gauge on an 0 frame, 1916. I am in engraver, silversmith, and do engrave a few guns. Most of my work is handmade silver buckles , money clips, and jewelry but most everything gets engraved. I have been engraving some handmade copper flask that have really taken off. Sorry, focus .My question is is it considered blasphemy to Engrave on an old original Parker? I poked around a little last night before I was fully allowed to look at pictures and ask questions and I did see some discussions about engraving nameplates and re-cutting original engraving.
It’s my hope that these gun would never leave my family but I do not want to totally devalue something my engraving on it if it is not considered ethical in the Parker community.Thank you again for the addition to the forum and look forward to hearing about peoples adventures in the field the season.

Dean Romig 09-07-2021 11:34 AM

Welcome Greg!

It is only considered blasphemous if you do it to an original high condition gun, but hey - it’s your gun after all…

It wouldn’t necessarily devalue the gun unless it was an otherwise, as I said, high condition gun. And doing so would make the untouched ones a tad more hard to find and a tad more valuable.

Greg Dennis 09-07-2021 02:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Couple of pictures of the girls

Dean Romig 09-07-2021 04:06 PM

With that much original condition I wouldn’t do it, but again, they're your guns.

On second thought, the one on the left has already had some modifications so...

Austin J Hawthorne Jr. 09-07-2021 06:43 PM

Hi Greg,
If you would like to personalize them a little you might consider engraving something on the stock shield.

Greg Dennis 09-07-2021 07:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Will definitely be engraving the shields but much like my Bracco , I like to stretch my legs out.

Mike McKinney 09-07-2021 08:38 PM

Greg, I believe you would find good value in joining the Parker Gun Collectors Association, it comes with a great quarterly magazine, discounted letters, access to buy/sell pages on the forum and many other benefits, $40 well spent.

Greg Dennis 09-07-2021 09:26 PM

Yes I will be joining for sure. Just found you last night and I can see this is going to get into my much needed engraving time. About to start a full custom on a Red label but I need a few breaks here and there.

Dean Romig 09-07-2021 09:54 PM

You do nice work sir.

Greg Dennis 09-07-2021 10:12 PM

Thank you
Membership done