Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Foto Fridays (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Quarantine Reloading Bench (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32102)

Matt Buckley 01-08-2021 04:06 PM

Quarantine Reloading Bench

3 Attachment(s)
My first grade daughter Catherine is on quarantine because a fellow class mate tested positive for Covoid so after her online classes were done today we did a little work at the reloading bench. We thought we would load up some Bismuth 16 gauge for the Trojan in preparation for duck hunting next fall.

On a side note Catherine's friend has had a little headache and upset stomach after several days into Covoid, my daughter is 5 days in from the possible exposure with no symptoms, knock on wood.

Jim Beilke 01-08-2021 06:16 PM

Now there is something good to come out of this Covid thing.Yank those kids out of school and put and put them to work at something useful.

charlie cleveland 01-09-2021 08:41 PM

looks like you lost your reloading job...hope she misses the covus....your a lucky man....charlie

John Dallas 01-09-2021 09:12 PM

Any issues with the child labor law cops?

Andrew Sacco 01-09-2021 10:20 PM

That’s awesome. My youngest went to school 5-6 years back and said “daddy had me making bullets for him because the presidents an idiot...” That was pretty interesting so I learned a lesson. Catharine’s a cutie! I’d give anything for mine to be 5 again. Enjoy. Life is short. And keep ‘em safe.

scott kittredge 01-10-2021 05:07 AM

how can she sit like that ? I wouldn't be able to get my knee to bend like that. great to be young:rotf:
great to see her loading !!!
scott

John Dallas 01-10-2021 08:16 AM

When he was about 6 or 7 years old, my grandson sketched a small picture of me shooting a gun. Teacher saw it, took it away from him, and called his mom. Mom wasn't happy

Mills Morrison 01-10-2021 11:03 AM

People have truly lost their minds on gun issues.

Matt Buckley 01-10-2021 12:08 PM

Catherine asked to work the reloader but even at that I don’t think child labor laws are enforced out here in SW Minnesota ag country.

Mills Morrison 01-10-2021 08:58 PM

NY authorities would call the National Guard on my kids

Jay Oliver 01-10-2021 09:33 PM

That's great Matt! Those are some great pictures. My kids enjoy(I hope) reloading as well. Last night in fact, my daughter showed my father(who has never loaded a shotgun shell in his life) how to load one.

My kids also enjoy finding free empties at the sporting clay range. We have had fun making Shotgun Shell Christmas Light sets the past couple years. I use the press to crimp an empty shell and then they put the lights in(and for some lights we use a glue gun).

I am glad my kids have taken to my outdoor hobbies just like yours. It's one of many reasons I feel lucky anymore.

John Dallas 01-10-2021 09:48 PM

Can I borrow your kids? Went out to shoot clays today and found that I have a bunch of shells (8-10 boxes?) with no powder. Got home and found the powder drop tube blocked. GRRR! Looks like I've got several days of shell disassembly to try again. Now also have to try to figure out which shells are the blanks

Mills Morrison 01-11-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dallas (Post 321650)
Can I borrow your kids? Went out to shoot clays today and found that I have a bunch of shells (8-10 boxes?) with no powder. Got home and found the powder drop tube blocked. GRRR! Looks like I've got several days of shell disassembly to try again. Now also have to try to figure out which shells are the blanks

Easy. It is the targets you miss :cool:

scott kittredge 01-11-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dallas (Post 321650)

its the ones that are 16 grs or so lighter.:whistle:
been there