Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Overload proofs (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15554)

Tom Underwood 02-08-2015 03:19 PM

Overload proofs

I have a VHE with 34" barrels. However these do not letter with the gun. Letter states 12ga these are 16ga. The serial number is the same and they have a JG in an oval so I am certain that they are Parker. A follow up letter from Parker says that the gun may have been sent back for another set of barrels and if so would have a number 2 on the lug or if made later may have overload proofs. It does have a number 2 on the lug but I don't know what the overload proof looks like. I am getting ready to sell it and want to get all correct that I can.
Tom

Dean Romig 02-08-2015 03:25 PM

WOW!

Rick Losey 02-08-2015 03:32 PM

and what does the rib say?

I would guess you will be able to judge value from the PM's you will get on this one :)

sounds like a very interesting gun, if the barrels are Parker numbered to the gun, I would not worry about the letter. many returns for work do not show up.

this sounds like a gun that will need to (and likely can) stand on it own for value.

Brian Dudley 02-08-2015 05:10 PM

Which lug does it have a "2" on? I assume you mean the locking lug. Indicating a 2 frame.
Does it have any marking on the forend loop?

Dave Suponski 02-08-2015 05:32 PM

Donee?

Tom Underwood 02-08-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 158745)
Which lug does it have a "2" on? I assume you mean the locking lug. Indicating a 2 frame.
Donee it have any marking on the forend loop?

The #2 is on the locking lug along with 16. Not sure what you mean by Forend loop but if you mean the locking lug for it then there are no numbers.

Brian Dudley 02-08-2015 05:39 PM

Isn't it Dean's job to jump on my auto correct errors? Or did he need to bring in a ringer? :p

Dave Suponski 02-08-2015 05:42 PM

:rotf::rotf: Deans a little slow on the uptake lately. So I thought I would help him out.

Tom Underwood 02-08-2015 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Losey (Post 158735)
and what does the rib say?

I would guess you will be able to judge value from the PM's you will get on this one :)

sounds like a very interesting gun, if the barrels are Parker numbered to the gun, I would not worry about the letter. many returns for work do not show up.

this sounds like a gun that will need to (and likely can) stand on it own for value.

Parker Bros. Makers Meriden, CT. USA Vulcan Steel. This gun has been completely restored and is a no-safety gun which is how it came in 1915

Dean Romig 02-08-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 158752)
Isn't it Dean's job to jump on my auto correct errors? Or did he need to bring in a ringer? :p

Sorry I missed my cue... I've been out shoveling....... again.:cuss: