Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   11th Annual New England Fun Shoot (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18206)

Jay Oliver 01-24-2016 07:39 PM

I am looking forward to this, I just moved to back to Rhode Island(after 8 years in NC). I didn't have my Parker addiction until fairly recently and wasn't shooting much when I had lived in Rhode Island the first time. It will be nice to meet some of the PGCA members at the event.

edgarspencer 01-25-2016 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Hatton (Post 186589)
I can go to VT and pick up your chassis for you... I even have a place here that I can store it for you for the winter.

When I deliver it next spring, would you be OK if the left side outriggers were a bit punky? I'm pretty sure that's the way they ship them these days!

Do you spend any time on the Guns and Rovers site? I haven't been on that site like I used to, but those are a great bunch of guys!

Thanks for the offer. It's at Arthur P's house now. I wish I could have taken three 2A chassis', but the one I got was the last Richards chassis for the foreseeable future.
Replacing just the outriggers is a pretty straightforward job.
I've done 4 re-frames and I always think the next one will be easier, but they never are, and I'm a lot older since the last series restoration.
I did an NAS110 over, and kept it for 15 years. I thought when I sold that one I was over them, but, like Parkers, one never gets over them.
I see Steve Young occasionally, but I don't do the Landy boards much at all anymore. I moderated the Defender section of LRO from it's inception until it was sold to a Canadian firm. All I got for that 'pleasure' was an appreciation for what Mods go through.

john pulis 01-26-2016 03:59 PM

we sold our switch blades and zip guns, but the Long Guyland Boz are in.

George M. Purtill 01-26-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john pulis (Post 186748)
we sold our switch blades and zip guns, but the Long Guyland Boz are in.

That is so good. Not to worry- I have been picking up switchblades on eBay so we will have plenty. Maybe they were yours?
I look forward to banging 10 gauges with youse guys. In fact we should have a 10 gauge mini event.
David??

Dean Romig 01-26-2016 10:27 PM

Hey John - it'll be good to shoot with youse guys again!

Dave Suponski 01-27-2016 11:07 AM

George, we could do a 10 gauge event at the 5-stand after sporting! What ever you guys wanna do.

George M. Purtill 01-27-2016 11:41 AM

5 stand Ten gauge sounds like fun. I better start reloading!!

allan.mclane 01-27-2016 08:39 PM

Count me in, as long as mud season is over and I can get out.

George M. Purtill 01-27-2016 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allan.mclane (Post 186920)
Count me in, as long as mud season is over and I can get out.

It'll be great to shoot with you again. If you had a Ford you could get there.

allan.mclane 01-28-2016 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by George M. Purtill (Post 186939)
It'll be great to shoot with you again. If you had a Ford you could get there.

One of these diesels should get me there, no?
:whistle:
Attachment 46434

(Actually, we've already had several mud seasons this winter.)