Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   just time (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21850)

charlie cleveland 07-09-2017 08:02 PM

just time

well its been a long drag this summer waiting for the next hunting seasons...its still 2 months till dove seasonand 3 months to squirl season..... i amm really looking forward to the new seasons...i have shells loaded up in the 8 ga and 10 ga and have plenty of shells for the 12 ga and 20 ga parkers...some way or the other i never got around to owning a 16 ga parker but i do have some in lc smiths and stevens..... i hope the hunting seasons are not dragging along as slow as mine is....charlie

wayne goerres 07-09-2017 09:14 PM

Hope you have good luck with the dove fields this year. Hope it cools off a little earlier this year.

Shawn Wayment 07-10-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie cleveland (Post 221464)
well its been a long drag this summer waiting for the next hunting seasons...its still 2 months till dove seasonand 3 months to squirl season..... i amm really looking forward to the new seasons...i have shells loaded up in the 8 ga and 10 ga and have plenty of shells for the 12 ga and 20 ga parkers...some way or the other i never got around to owning a 16 ga parker but i do have some in lc smiths and stevens..... i hope the hunting seasons are not dragging along as slow as mine is....charlie

Less than 2 months here in Colorado til grouse season...I can't wait!

charlie cleveland 07-10-2017 09:26 PM

the time will pass better when i start disking the dove field up...i usally start mid july trying to draw the birds in...been thinking about useing a parker 20 ga this time i ve never used it for hunting doves factory 27 inch barrels donot know what the chokes are....need to find out the chokes i guess...charlie

Jerry Harlow 07-10-2017 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie cleveland (Post 221514)
the time will pass better when i start disking the dove field up...i usally start mid july trying to draw the birds in...been thinking about useing a parker 20 ga this time i ve never used it for hunting doves factory 27 inch barrels donot know what the chokes are....need to find out the chokes i guess...charlie

Time for the old Dr. Pepper patterning Charlie. Twenty, thirty, and then forty yards.

bobutler 07-10-2017 11:14 PM

Decoying and calling Crows are a great way to stay in good form for duck season.

charlie cleveland 07-11-2017 09:18 AM

yep j. a. its time to drag out the cans...i ve not weighed this gun but feels about 6 lbs..certainly crows are a good way to stay in form on shooting but our crow season does not start till november...don t know why we donot have a open season on crows...probably have to shoot the dr pepper cans early in the morning for it s hot here up in the day...i guess i need to order a letter on this little 20 ga its a pretty nice gun...charlie

Gary Laudermilch 07-11-2017 11:14 AM

Cannot hunt crows, no problem. It is orange bird season everywhere. Take that 20 to a skeet or sporting course and break some targets. It is a great diversion during the lull between seasons and you'll find out the 20 has a lot to offer. It will sharpen you up for dove season and blow the cobwebs from the barrels.

charlie cleveland 07-11-2017 12:22 PM

gary i will have to find them orange birds mysef not a shooting course close to me...i guess i could buy one of those cheap throwers and hunt that away...i just got the little 20 out and weighed it .....it weighs 5.8 lbs feels like nothing comepared to the 8 ga and 10 ga i m use to shooting....my health issues at the moment says i got to go to a lighter gun...charlie

Daniel G Rainey 07-11-2017 05:02 PM

After the 4th, it is just downhill to Sept. and dove season. Need to make to the gun club at lease once a week, figure out what RST's I need to order and really start working the dog in August. Have grouse woodcock trip planned for Oct. Hope to pick another bird trip somewhere.