Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   mississippi dove report (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4891)

charlie cleveland 08-07-2011 08:43 PM

mississippi dove report

have been watching the doves for the last few weeks was worried about the no s at first the hot weather we have been having have kept the no. s down..weve had a couple ther storm the last week tempertures still high but doves after started coming in numbers to a small grain plot i had planted.. so as of rite now the north east section of miss looks to have a good number of doves...our quail hunting is still almost neal..but the deer are in great numbers more deer than rabbits...so if your lookin for doves or deer and your in or around miss.during the seasonscouldnot pick a better spot... charlie

Dean Romig 08-07-2011 10:31 PM

Sad about the quail. Seems a lot like the problems with the woodcock up here. I know the dynamics are different but the results are equally disturbing.

David Long 08-07-2011 11:58 PM

Doves look good in kentucky this year and i can't wait

charlie cleveland 08-10-2011 11:25 AM

whatched the doves agaiun last evening and saw sveral every thing still looking good..im like every body else trigger finger getting itchy.... charlie

Gill Frye 08-10-2011 03:20 PM

They look good down here in Carolina too and my wife is one of the best cooks around...can't wait!!!!

charlie cleveland 08-10-2011 05:44 PM

hope every body has a good hunt and plenty of birds...we usally do a breakfast about 5.00 am then after the morning shoot meet up at a old spring and have a great dinner and lots of tall stories... charlie

calvin humburg 08-11-2011 10:26 AM

Good doves in KS still nesting. Its really dry so if you got a water hole, through out some grain before season bring a lot of shells and mojo doves work very good.

david ross 08-25-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie cleveland (Post 47878)
have been watching the doves for the last few weeks was worried about the no s at first the hot weather we have been having have kept the no. s down..weve had a couple ther storm the last week tempertures still high but doves after started coming in numbers to a small grain plot i had planted.. so as of rite now the north east section of miss looks to have a good number of doves...our quail hunting is still almost neal..but the deer are in great numbers more deer than rabbits...so if your lookin for doves or deer and your in or around miss.during the seasonscouldnot pick a better spot... charlie

Hi Charlie.:)
Please could i see some picts of your US doves as they sound like a good
sporting bird. Hope to come over and have a go one day.
All the best Dave.:bigbye:

Jeff Kuss 08-25-2011 01:55 PM

I got invited to an afternoon dove hunt on opening day. Now I have to decide who gets out of the safe for the day!
Jeff

charlie cleveland 08-25-2011 04:55 PM

david im not to good at posting pictures can some one please post a picture of a mourning dove... jeff just close your eyes and reach in and what ever comes out so be it bout as good as tossing a penny... me i think will hunt with the 10 ga d grade parker with open chokes and 1 1/8 ounce shot and a 20 ga lefever double as a back gun...might even throw in the old stevens in case of a breakdown... carried to single barrels one year and both of them old guns had problems that day... david the old dove is a good sporting dove hope you get a chance to hunt them some day....if you ever in mississippi come on by will try the doves.... charlie