Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   PGCA Member Questions & Announcements (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2019 Parker Gun Foundation Hall of Fame Dinner and PGCA SXS activities in Sanford NC (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24202)

Brian Dudley 05-12-2018 08:44 AM

Exactly Robin... some make it sound like i am not greatful for those who work hard to put on the event. That is not the case at all.
I have attended the HOF dinners since the beginning (except for last year due to my 1 yo son being with me) and i will continue to support the foundation going forward.

I simply put my thoughts out there as to where things were lacking.

Dean Romig 05-12-2018 08:59 AM

You can refer to me by name Brian.

Call it a critique or call it a criticism, or call it whatever it was intended to be - but emails and private conversations to those in charge of setting up the HOF venue might have served your purpose better than publicly berating the venue (which indirectly reflects on those who organized it.)

But that's just one man's opinion so take it for what it's worth. No offense intended Brian and maybe I should have sent you a PM but it was already out there so I chose to keep it out there.

Best, Dean

Michael Meeks 05-12-2018 04:34 PM

Please pardon my unsolicited opinion here. In my first-hand experience organizing and hosting national conferences and meetings for work, I have found it helpful to offer a feedback survey to provide individual opportunity for attendees to comment, both positive and negative, on the event directly to the organizers. It keeps it private (anonymous if desired), candid, and constructive. Such feedback from attendees is critically important for the continued success of future events.

Selecting the perfect venue is never easy. There will always be hits and misses and the organizers don't have control over many aspects of the venue's amenities and services. You select a location and hope for the best, but realize the risk that it might not turn out as expected. That comes with the territory.

Jean Swanson 06-04-2018 07:54 AM

George

It looks as though you might want to add a new volunteer candidate with experience in organizing events from the State of New Hampshire as an assistant to help you with the 2019 HOF function.

Just a thought as a former organizer of the HOF dinners.

We all have views as to how an event should be handled, but putting all together, trying to satisfy all, is an entirely different program !!

Good job and thanks for your and the other Board members efforts
Allan

Michael Meeks 06-04-2018 08:05 AM

If I am being "voluntold", I'd be happy to volunteer in whatever capacity that I can. Let me know how I can help. I'm here to do my part and get involved with PGCA as an active member!

Mike

George M. Purtill 06-04-2018 11:07 AM

Moderators Note: Post deleted due to profanity.

Mills Morrison 06-04-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Meeks (Post 245442)
If I am being "voluntold", I'd be happy to volunteer in whatever capacity that I can. Let me know how I can help. I'm here to do my part and get involved with PGCA as an active member!

Mike

Thanks Mike!

John Bamonte 10-18-2018 02:28 PM

Is there any new information regarding PGCA preferred hotel and room reservations for the Southern SXS and PGCA HOF events in April 2019?

Also, I would like to reserve 2 tickets for the HOF dinner. Thank you!

John Bamonte

George M. Purtill 10-18-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Bamonte (Post 256290)

Also, I would like to reserve 2 tickets for the HOF dinner. Thank you!

John Bamonte

Thanks John
We haven't posted ticket prices and sales officially , but it will be in the next issue of PP and I will post here,
We have an exciting new venue.