Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Sporting Clays Classic help (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35791)

James Palmer 03-06-2022 11:58 AM

Sporting Clays Classic help

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning

Is the only way to tell if it is a true SCC is if the flats have ISC stamps?

Assuming very good condition....What do these go for in todays market?

Thanks in advance.

James

Dean Romig 03-06-2022 12:09 PM

The original box would have identified it as such along with the serial number. But most folks didn't save the shipping carton. That plus the barrels will be 28" I believe.

James Palmer 03-06-2022 12:11 PM

No box available unfortunately. They are 28 inch though.

J

David C Porter 03-06-2022 01:50 PM

They were 12 gauge, 28", 3" chambers 6 screw in chokes: Sk 1, sk 2, IC, M, IM, F. I have the Parker brocher, but have never been able to download pictures from my cell phone. Hope thus helps.

Bob Jurewicz 03-06-2022 02:24 PM

Asking prices on ALL Repros has elevated lately. I would guess one like your asking about would have an initial asking between $5-7K. The closer to $5K you buy it the better. 12 GA Repro guns are not in high demand.
Bob Jurewicz

James Palmer 03-06-2022 02:29 PM

Thanks all.

J

Greg Baehman 03-06-2022 05:05 PM

In answer to your first question . . . Yes, the identifying characteristic of a Sporting Clays Classic is the ISC (for Internal Screw Choke) stamping on the barrel flats.

Bob has given realistic pricing for an SCC, he knows, understands and follows today's market conditions. The price will vary depending upon condition, of course, but configuration of the gun and the quality of the wood will play a major role in the gun's desireability. In my world . . . a SG is more desirable than a PG, a SPL forend is more desirable than a BT, double triggers are more desirable than a SST and highly figured wood with straight graining through the wrist is more desirable than blah-zey wood that's poorly laid out. More desirable = higher value . . . your world may be different.

Greg Baehman 03-06-2022 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David C Porter (Post 357731)
They were 12 gauge, 28", 3" chambers 6 screw in chokes: Sk 1, sk 2, IC, M, IM, F. I have the Parker brocher, but have never been able to download pictures from my cell phone. Hope thus helps.

I have never seen an original sk 2 choke tube for an SCC, have you?

David C Porter 03-06-2022 06:47 PM

They are shown & listed in their written description in the Parker Brochure.

David C Porter 03-06-2022 07:49 PM

http://20220306_104010.jpg
http://20220306_103849.jpg

Greg Baehman 03-06-2022 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David C Porter (Post 357760)
They are shown & listed in their written description in the Parker Brochure.

I believe there's only one Parker Reproduction brochure that mentions the Sporting Clays Classic model. In the pictured description of the gun it says "the Sporting Clays Classic comes with six choke tubes, skeet and skeet, IC, M, IM and F". In this same brochure's back page it says "Sporting Clays Classic, six choke tubes, Skeet I, Skeet II, IC, M, IM, F" We have found a few misprints in a few of the PR brochures and I believe this is one of them.

I still have not seen an original PR SCC choke tube marked Skeet 2. I own two SCCs myself, one of them is NIB, all four Skeet choke tubes are stamped "12-S" and measure .003 constriction. If there is indeed a Skeet 2 original PR SCC choke tube available I would like to have one.

David, do you own an SCC, if so, how are yours stamped? Anyone else that owns an SCC, do you have an orig. PR SCC skeet choke tube that is stamped anything other than 12-S?

David C Porter 03-06-2022 08:55 PM

No, I don't have one. There must not have been to many made. I don't remember seeing any up for sale on the wen sites. I'm only going on what my Parker Reproductions Brochure says. I have the early brochure & the later Brochure that mentions the Sporting Clays Classics. Along with the A-1 Special, B-Grade Bank note. There's no dates on the Brochures.

Bob Jurewicz 03-07-2022 10:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is the Catalog ad that David referred to.
Bob Jurewicz

David C Porter 03-07-2022 12:12 PM

Thanks for posting. Also, on the back page it lists the skeet chokes, SK1 &SK2 For some reason I'm not able to upload pictures from my Android cell phone.

Greg Baehman 03-07-2022 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
. . . for David's and others' benefit, we'd better show the back cover specs. (see small print below the chart). We have not yet seen, nor has it been reported that a PR choke tube is/was available stamped "12-S2" or "12-SII", thus my reasoning that this is a misprint.

Greg Baehman 03-07-2022 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One anamoly we have learned from the chart above is that the chart indicates the Sporting Clays Classics have 3" chambers -- which they do. However, the guns themselves are stamped "12 GAUGE 2 3/4", yet they all* measure 3". Every article written on the SCC that I've read, including the brochure have all stated the SCC has 3" chambers, why they were stamped 2 3/4" remains a guess, just adding more mystery and more intrigue to this, perhaps the most versatile classic double on the planet.

* Several years ago I had asked SCC owners what their gun's chamber length measured. All responded their gun's have 3" chambers, except one who claimed his gun was stamped 2 3/4" and measured 2 3/4". He has since disappeared along with his chamber gauge.