Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Harry's guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30158)

John Dallas 05-07-2020 09:18 AM

Harry's guns

Sounds like fake news. Sold matched pair of Purdeys ("rifles"?)for about $60K. If that's the extent of their business acumen, now that mommy isn't supporting them, they are in for a rough ride.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/megha...IkBl-pyhHJai7o

Jay Gardner 05-07-2020 09:42 AM

Both Harry and William seem to be pretty strong men and neither of them inclined to be bent by pressure from inside/outside the family. They have always been their own men. If he is indeed selling them then I doubt it's because Meghan is driving the decision.

I don't follow the "royals" but it seems like Meghan has been made the "bad guy" since they were married. I have read that there is a fair amount of animosity towards her because of her racial make-up and the fact that she's not a Brit and I'm sure there are elements in the press that make a lot of $ off that narrative.

Dean Romig 05-07-2020 10:00 AM

I'm betting he still owns, and has no intention of selling, a whole lot more guns than that pair of Purdey's...

Joe Graziano 05-07-2020 12:22 PM

That guy surrendered his testicles when he married the B-list, lefty American harpy. Good grief. But he no doubt will enjoy life among the Hollywood twits. His wife left Hollywood a 38-year old actress of modest success, and returned a real-life princess and international celebrity. She got exactly what she wanted. And now, she has a ridiculously “woke”, whipped husband who will do as she wishes. I wonder how this guy is gonna feel in 10 years?

Dean Romig 05-07-2020 12:29 PM

Maybe like a eunuch...?

Mills Morrison 05-07-2020 01:01 PM

A friend of mine put it best . . . the guy needs to turn in his man card

Rick Losey 05-07-2020 04:45 PM

I saw the title and thought maybe Mills was listing his son's arsenal additions

Mills Morrison 05-07-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Losey (Post 302121)
I saw the title and thought maybe Mills was listing his son's arsenal additions

Ha! He earned a $100 Mossberg pump by finishing his English project and now thinks he gets a gun anytime he finishes a project.

Garry L Gordon 05-07-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 302122)
Ha! He earned a $100 Mossberg pump by finishing his English project and now thinks he gets a gun anytime he finishes a project.

Wait a minute. That's what I've been telling my wife. You mean it's not true!?!:eek:

Jerry Harlow 05-07-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 302122)

At that rate he'll get the pair of Purdeys for his college senior thesis.

Dave Noreen 05-07-2020 07:44 PM

If Harry's no longer shooting, Chuck and Will could invite me for The Glorious 12th.

Mills Morrison 05-07-2020 07:54 PM

Harry needs to talk to "prince" Harry about trading some Starbucks gift cards for some Purdey small bores

Bruce Day 05-07-2020 08:36 PM

Maybe the Windsors can get signed by Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. That pays.

John Dallas 05-09-2020 09:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mother may I?

Mills Morrison 05-09-2020 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Queen must be hating this

Rich Anderson 05-09-2020 02:31 PM

IF it's true he knew what he was getting into. He should put his pink panties away and never bring them out again. Maybe a trip to Africa will help him to man up cuz if he doesn't do it soon he's screwed forever.:eek:

Dean Romig 05-09-2020 02:52 PM

Those guns were probably a gift from someone of importance - what a slap in the face to that person.

John Dallas 05-09-2020 03:00 PM

Don't know if the queen was a shooter, but she sure loved her dogs - Labs and Corgis

My prior Lab's Grandmother won the British National field Trial. I have a video of the Queen presenting the trophy to Black Sable Sonia's handler.

BTW, I am trying to convert the VCR to a DVD. Because it is copywritten(Sp?) commercial houses will not copy it. Does anyone have a source?

Dean Romig 05-09-2020 03:02 PM

There's a place right here in Andover that does these conversions.

John Dallas 05-09-2020 03:04 PM

The local place in MI looked over the label carefully, and when he saw the copyright, he said "Nope"

Dean Romig 05-09-2020 03:25 PM

Right, and that might be the situation with the place near me.

Larry Stauch 05-10-2020 10:57 PM

Hair-less

How disgusting. She wrestled the kid and his money away from the family and now she's blowing through it. This BOY is going to regret this whole thing.

todd allen 05-11-2020 12:21 PM

This will end up being some very expensive "female comfort"!

Gary Carmichael Sr 05-11-2020 05:46 PM

Larry sad to say you are probably correct, he will probably be seen walking behind her two or three paces, like squaws of old. He needs to man up and tell her marriage is a two way street! Gary

John Davis 05-11-2020 07:28 PM

Are we really going to judge a guy based on what the media reports? Maybe he sold the Purdey's to buy a Parker Invincible grade. I'd do that.

King Brown 05-12-2020 10:49 PM

Agree with easing up on Harry. Especially the manning-up talk. Princes of the realm, unlike many celebrated sons of American aristocracy, always serve in their military in the front lines with their country men. Google his military service. He's a real soldier whose splendid Invicta program hasn't forgotten the living casualties of war, the ones without arms and legs and backs also suffering horrors of trauma. And who's to argue about his "comfort" with an American duchess? Not me.

Dean Romig 05-13-2020 07:32 AM

Nobody’s questioning Harry’s military career, his military accomplishments nor his dedication to Queen and country. But what a man does in the army is often a far, far cry from his relationship with his wife. It seems Megan has had a great deal to do with his renouncing his ‘royalty’... and now this. He has all kinds of decorations on his dress uniform for his achievements but I’ve not seen a ribbon for this kind of weak behavior - I think you know the one I mean... the one with two letters.
The royals are human after all and, after all, he’s just a boy...

But he’ll know when she’s done with him, I hope, and then he can take up hunting and guns again.

Joe Graziano 05-13-2020 09:11 AM

He’s a pussy whip. Not sure what else there is to say about the guy.

Larry Stauch 05-13-2020 09:41 AM

Harry's life

You know I've been thinking long and hard about this whole situation and I think I have a solution. Since Harry's no longer in his home land he's probably looking for new friends. And as a Royal I'm sure he's used to presiding over events. To that end why don't we invite him to the 2021 Southern as Master of Ceremonies and presenter of the Parker/LC Smith trophy. We put a Parker in his hands, a Cuban in his mouth, throw him some 5-stand targets and we introduce him to shooting and gun collecting the way we do it on this side of the pond. And then at the dinner we give him some of that Kentucky liquid that a lot of you guys like so much. In short we help him acclimate to his new found country and welcome him right. In the meantime he just might see the light and start behaving a little differently.

What say you?:corn:

John Davis 05-13-2020 01:27 PM

I suspect Harry is losing sleep over this thread and what we think.

King Brown 05-13-2020 03:09 PM

No one knows what's going on in others' marriages: love, money, sex, whatever holds it together. From some of the goings-on here, seems like envy that American hot-stuff goes to London to find a man. The Duchess of Windsor, who provided all an intended king needed to give up a throne, is buried near Harry and Megan's Frogmore Cottage. Jennie Jerome married into one of Great Britain's most distinguished families, delivered Sir Winston Churchill to the world. A marriage providing what each wants seems a good one to me.

Dean Romig 05-13-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Brown (Post 302489)
From some of the goings-on here, seems like envy that American hot-stuff goes to London to find a man.

Not bloody likely...

The only envy I felt was for his Purdeys and his hunting invitations.

King Brown 05-13-2020 04:00 PM

Good one, Dean