Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   4th Annual Southern RI Parker Shoot - 4/13 (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41259)

Russell E. Cleary 04-14-2024 09:09 AM

4 Attachment(s)
More photos, these taken by Steve Wilson.

1) squad at station

2) Tom Jay ready to shoot

3) Otto Busher pulling

4) Don McQuade shooting

Russell E. Cleary 04-14-2024 09:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple more.

edgarspencer 04-14-2024 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen newell (Post 409222)
A number of stations threw close in clays, close enough for that little Skeeter which is fun to shoot.

If I had to guess, I suspect your beautiful Skeeter is choked fairly tight. You'll be surprised how it will reach out, and still do it's job.

allen newell 04-14-2024 02:41 PM

Edgar, on my skeeter, my choke gauge measures the right barrel Full and the left barrel measures Mod. The barrel flats are marked C on the right barrel and O on the left.
Reverse chokes?

Tom Jay 04-15-2024 11:55 AM

Thank you Jay for putting this event together. It literally was a blast. Met some new Parker people which kept the conversations lively. First time in several years I shot my great-grandfathers TA 12 gauge that he ordered new in October 1886. I say several years because the gun was on a long journey to have a second set of barrels made. Original barrels are cyl/cyl Damascus and I wanted a more versatile set. Kirk Merrington sleeved a new barrel set for me which I then had Briley choke tubes installed. Everything worked flawlessly except for my shooting.

edgarspencer 04-15-2024 01:59 PM

It was a great get together, and I was a little disappointed that more didn't participate, especially a few who live so close.
I was delighted to shoot a new-to-me 20ga BHE. I had literally only the day before, fitted a set of 26" barrels to it, though it still has it's original 28" barrels. I don't think anyone noticed I put on a pair of gloves, if only for the first few shots. I alternated between stations using an 1892 16ga BH and the 20. I attribute my less than stellar performance to the cold, and off and on spitting rain. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
In the end, it was a good time, everyone seemed to enjoy both the shooting, and the get together luncheon afterwards.

Dean Romig 04-16-2024 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgarspencer (Post 409321)
…. I don't think anyone noticed I put on a pair of gloves, if only for the first few shots.

You mean those little white cotton gloves to avoid getting sweaty fingerprints on fine guns??

edgarspencer 04-16-2024 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 409358)
You mean those little white cotton gloves to avoid getting sweaty fingerprints on fine guns??

No, the kind I wear when I want to pet a Komodo Dragon.

edgarspencer 04-16-2024 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell E. Cleary (Post 409250)
More photos, these taken by Steve Wilson.

2) ____________ready to shoot

That's our host, Jay Oliver

Edit, sorry I misunderstood Russell's post. The shooter in the box, in the first picture, was Jay Oliver.

Russell E. Cleary 04-16-2024 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This shooter (Jay is in the first photo at the station, wearing a blue shirt).