Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   28ga Two Barrel Set (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38409)

Greg Baehman 02-09-2023 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 381587)
I wouldn't open the chokes on that gun, it would diminish the value by $1,000.

To a certain extent, I agree with Dean that opening the chokes on the 28” M/F set of barrels of a Parker Reproduction DHE 28ga. 2-bbl. set would diminish the value by $1000. — it could be even more than that!

Look at it this way: You’re buying a 2-bbl. set for 2-bbl. set money and diminishing your value for the other set of barrels to near nothing. I believe it’s unwise to pay 2-bbl. money and get a 1-bbl. set of value out of it. I love the orig. M/F chokes on my 2-bbl. set when shooting 5-Stand — lead those 50 yard high crossers by a canoe length and watch ‘em go “POOF”.

Daniel Carter 02-09-2023 12:16 PM

Looked at the photo of the barrels and to my eye it seems to be more serious than a bluing blemish. I am no expert by any means but it appears to be a fault in the rib that an attempt was made to correct. Would have to see in person but seller says sale final and that raises another flag. This is in photo #6 as i count them, on the underside of the barrels by the rib.

Dean Romig 02-09-2023 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett Trimble (Post 381960)
I sent a message to the seller via Gunbroker asking about chokes and stock dimentions. His response was messy but from what I can gather the 26” barrels are Q1/Q2 and the 28” barrels are M/F. LOP is 14in.

Those chokes make that gun far more desirable to me!!

Dean Romig 02-09-2023 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Definitely worth further investigation! If he won’t provide better more detailed pictures of this area I would steer far away from it… especially with no possibility of returning the gun.

Daniel Carter 02-09-2023 12:58 PM

Expanding the photo from Deans post it looks like a rib problem and an attempt to add filler to a gap of some sort.

Russ Jackson 02-09-2023 04:40 PM

Okay fellas , I put this gun om my watch list the day it was listed and I have never had any dealings with this seller but just a Heads Up ,there are now two of these listed on his site ,but they sure look like the same gun to me ! If you look up Gun Broker Item # 969657115 you will see it has seven days left , then if you look up item# 969167948 you will see it has 4 days left but both guns have the same flaw in the bottom rib !!!! Is it just me or is something fishy about this auction ???? :eek:

Dean Romig 02-09-2023 04:55 PM

No, it's not just you Russ!

James L. Martin 02-09-2023 04:57 PM

Very fishy

tom tutwiler 02-10-2023 08:05 AM

I would steer away for sure. While his ratings show as being good, if you deep dive you will find some bad ones.

Brett Trimble 02-24-2023 05:23 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I saw the gun from my original post today. The “case coloring” is mostly worn off the receiver and on the forearm latch. The stock has marks from handling/hunting and one fairly deep nick near the stock oval. The finish on the buttstock is “rippled” for lack of a better term. The underlying wood appears to be burl and may have shrunken/changed shape over time.

Otherwise very nice. Long barrels are choked f/m, short barrels m/ic. Stock is 14.25, 1.5, 2.25. With a slip on pad it fits me well enough.

I’m kind of inclined to pass. What would case coloring from Turnbull cost, approximately? Does anyone know if the stock finish could be improved without completely stripping?

All ideas welcome!