Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Connecticut Fox shotguns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33939)

Dave Noreen 08-08-2021 11:40 AM

My comment has always been that Tony's Ansley H. Fox doubles are the ones Ansley wished he could have made and sold.

Harry Gietler 08-08-2021 03:38 PM

FOX--SHOTGUNS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Noreen (Post 340348)
My comment has always been that Tony's Ansley H. Fox doubles are the ones Ansley wished he could have made and sold.

I do Not Agree with You--Ansley Fox made ( The Finest Gun In The World ) Just the way He Wanted It! Tony copied It! ( Theodore Roosevelt--October 1909 said, No better Gun Was Ever Made ) Ansley Fox was VERY Content with His Fox's.

Harry

Garry L Gordon 08-08-2021 03:55 PM

Who knows what Ansley would have said -- none of us do(!) -- but I cannot help but think that the innovator that Ansley was would not have admired what a CNC machine would do. It's an endless argument. Choose your sides and agree to disagree.

Harry Gietler 08-08-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Cash (Post 340345)
So post war Superposed are reproductions ?
I'm confused :confused:

THIS Should UN confuse You, IT WAS Called ''The BIG ONE''---WW2

Harry

Terry Hobson 08-08-2021 07:31 PM

Well I don’t view “copying it” In a negative or derogatory way. How many companies “copied” 1911 hand guns, the A-5 and others were made by FN then Miroku, I believe Roy Weatherby had his rifles/actions manufactured by different firms but it still was a Weatherby gun.

I believe Tony came to some sort of agreement with savage when he started producing them. I also think you can or could order a new Parker through Remington, but CSMC would build it.

The lines get sort of blurry with this stuff. I am content to view my CSMC gun as a Fox in every sense of the word.

Bill Murphy 08-08-2021 07:39 PM

Harry, CSMC is building AAHE grade Parkers as we speak and has one offered on Guns International. I have no idea how these guns are built. All the mentioned guns are being sold for high prices, so they must have something to offer. I can't afford a CSMC Fox but I do own and shoot a CSMC Model 21 .22 rifle that I enjoy owning and shooting. Now there is a gun worth discussing. I think Tony has quit making them, at least for now.

Harry Gietler 08-08-2021 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Murphy (Post 340381)
Harry, CSMC is building AAHE grade Parkers as we speak and has one offered on Guns International. I have no idea how these guns are built. All the mentioned guns are being sold for high prices, so they must have something to offer. I can't afford a CSMC Fox but I do own and shoot a CSMC Model 21 .22 rifle that I enjoy owning and shooting. Now there is a gun worth discussing. I think Tony has quit making them, at least for now.

Bill, I know and said CSM-Guns are Good Guns, I SAID CSM Fox Guns are not original FOX-GUNS!

Harry

Bobby Cash 08-08-2021 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Gietler (Post 340395)
Bill, I know and said CSM-Guns are Good Guns, I SAID CSM Fox Guns are not original FOX-GUNS! Harry

'Cause of the big one, right :confused:

Russell E. Cleary 08-10-2021 09:19 AM

There has arisen on this thread a debate that has followed John’s initial inquiry about the mechanics, engraving, and value of the CSMC Fox guns. The discussion, however digressive, as been illuminating and I have been informed by it. Notable is that at no point has anyone imputed anything but quality to the New Britain Fox guns.

Whatever the iteration under consideration, the following quote, although originally written about a very different kind of object, could be applied to all of the guns being discussed, new or old:

“In these times of hype, of put-on, of illusion and of delusion, how we yearn for something genuine, for the real thing, for a tangible, living symbol that there is continuity, that what came before us and what is now and what may lie ahead are not all smoke and mirrors!”

-- Joseph E. Garland (1922-2011), Gloucester, Massachusetts journalist and historian

George Davis 08-10-2021 10:31 AM

A. H. Fox shotguns in my opinion are the "best" value today in the American side by side market. You can find a original in good condition for a reasonable price and recently someone posted series of pictures of an upgrade project on a Fox. Additional CSMC will make you a brand new Fox so for us in who enjoying shooting our FOXES we all win.