Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Drakes Landing (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18439)

Rich Anderson 02-20-2016 10:19 AM

Bring the Jack Daniels and the Churchill's but leave the Mossberg behind the closet door where it belongs.

David Dwyer 02-20-2016 10:32 AM

The group rate at the Quality Inn, Furquay is $59/night.
David

Mike Koneski 02-20-2016 04:16 PM

Looking forward to shooting with yinz on Thursday!! "Fox Universe" rolling south again!!!

Harold Lee Pickens 02-20-2016 06:42 PM

Hey Frank, I totally agree with you. Hunting Hills in Waynesburg, Pa is as nice as any place you can find to shoot. They charge $30 for the first hundred and $20 if you want to shoot another hundred. They have 3 courses and one called Black Ice is very challenging with the last half of the course being all black targets. It is about an hour from me and a great place to shoot. The owner Roy Sisler will be at the Southern--and he hosts a couple SXS shoots each year. Would like to get your input on my new little A grade 20.

Frank Srebro 02-20-2016 08:17 PM

Harold, I've shot sporting at Hunting Hills a number of times; an excellent club and so nice to hear it's still charging moderate prices. HH hosted the PA State Sporting Clays Championship at least twice as I recall. Yes I look forward to seeing your new Fox while in NC.

John Dunkle 02-20-2016 08:39 PM

Let's put this in the event forum with all the Shooting events.. ;)

Now - that being said - a couple of you had better post some pics for the rest of us!!

My best to all,

John D.

Rich Anderson 02-21-2016 08:21 AM

Who would have thought that a couple of "shooters" who got together at another club during the southern to actually shoot targets would turn into an "event":)

John Dunkle 02-21-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Anderson (Post 188967)
Who would have thought that a couple of "shooters" who got together at another club during the southern to actually shoot targets would turn into an "event":)

Well - let me know if no one shows up to your planned shoot/event - and I'll move it into the "Non-Event" forum for ya', Rich.

:)

Rich Anderson 02-21-2016 05:10 PM

Your all heart John, that's why we love ya so much. There will be plenty of shooters there you should come and join us. Try it you'll like it, i know you would.

Jim Signore 02-22-2016 12:35 AM

I'm in for Drakes again this year for sure!! Great course and great guys to shoot with, I'm looking forward to it. I nearly ran out of ammo last year but that won't happen again, I've already started loading for this event. I'll run the same plan as last year and roll in first thing Thursday morning and catch up with you guys for sure. Hotel room is already booked so see you guys there. Jim