Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Restoration (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Damascus refinishing (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24293)

Rick Riddell 06-01-2018 08:03 PM

Hey you guys hijacked my thread! Just messin! Its great to read, but enough about MA, let's talk Maine the greatest place in the states!

Tom Flanigan 06-01-2018 08:05 PM

Sorry about the hijack. I agree Maine is great. I'd like to spend more time there now that I've retired. I like Vermont but Main is wonderful also.

Mills Morrison 06-01-2018 08:08 PM

Sorry from me too. Damascus refinishing is one of the great topics on here too

Rick Riddell 06-01-2018 08:22 PM

I was just messin with you guys! I love reading everyones stories, keep it going! I lived all over the states and Maine, at least for me just feels like home!

Dean Romig 06-01-2018 10:14 PM

Apologies to all.

Tom Flanigan 06-02-2018 03:32 PM

I sure got off track Rick...sorry. Dean living in Andover sparked me to go way off. I tend to jump to the next shiney object sometimes. I hope in all this your question got answered.

Denise Parks 09-17-2020 09:15 PM

Ralph Farnum and the Andover trials

Hi Tom Falnigan, With regard to post #16. Is it possible to see the Farnum letters regarding the Andover trials? Ralph Farnum is my husband's 8th Great-grandfather. Your post is all new information we did not have and would love to add to our files. Denise

Tom Flanigan 09-18-2020 06:04 PM

I don't have the originals, just excerpts from them. I have a ton of information on the Farnums with the complete lineage going back to when the family came over on the brig James in 1635 after a harrowing journey from England. The direct lineage is complete right up to my grandfather who gave me my first Parkers and taught me to hunt grouse.

Ralph Farnum II was a grand journeyman at the beginning of the trials but died before giving service. His sons testified first against Martha Carrier. The story behind why they thought Martha Carrier was a witch is fascinating. They truly believed she was a witch but did not want to testify against her although they also testified against the wife of Hopestill Tyler later. Martha Carrier was hung and Hopestill Tyler's wife was aquitted.

I'll send all the information to you private email.

George Davis 09-18-2020 06:53 PM

Tom Flanigan, we Arizonians beg of you to start a massive trend and lead thousands of people north!! Keep them out of the south and west, PLEASE!!!!!

Tom Flanigan 09-18-2020 07:06 PM

Sorry, can't do that Scott. I don't want them in my coverts and fields. Yankee that I am, I hunt in the West also, but its north of the border in Saskatchewan, a truly enchanted land for ducks, huns and sharptails. I'll make sure to stay out of Arizona to please you though.