Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Please HELP ...Low Serial 10ga Parker (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23485)

David Rios 02-18-2018 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you so much I plan on doing the letter. To answer the medallion question her is what the expert told me just now.

David Rios 02-18-2018 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes I will do that for sure order a letter thanks so much. The question on the medallion this is what the expert told me see photo

Steve Huffman 02-18-2018 09:36 PM

Please ! I do believe The Experts here are giving you better info then you care to believe . The medallion in question is a Shield on the wrist behind the tang .

Steve Huffman 02-18-2018 09:39 PM

I have a lifter #3469 with a shield which is earlier then yours .

David Rios 02-18-2018 09:42 PM

Is yours the straight stock or pistol grip stock do you have a pic I just want to see what your inquiring about like I said I’m trying to get info myself. Thanks brother.

Steve Huffman 02-18-2018 09:51 PM

Ball grip and no picture you can go to the home page and go to the links and I think there are some pictures of the different grades . Im going to go out on the limb and answer on of your questions about value if bores are sound and barrel wall thickness is shootable $575- $700 But your stock does not help at all . These guns are not rare Condition is . Others may Chime in

Jim DiSpagno 02-18-2018 10:04 PM

All of the older Parkers I’ve encountered, both underlifter and top lever, had theserial number stamped into the wood under the trigger guard. I presently have # 9595 and so stamped

David Rios 02-18-2018 10:05 PM

Absolutely I’m a comic book collector and other gun collectibles as well and I know all about condition that’s how I am so successful in what I do and your right but I’ve seen worse shape ones then this go for more than that. I believe the stock is of the period with out a doubt. My grandfather was not the type to take his guns to get redone he always preserved his own. Like I stated this shotgun has been in my family over 50years I’m not really sure exact but since I was a little kid and I’m almost 50years old this shotgun has always looked the same. I just never really looked at it but since my grandfather has passed many years ago I finally went and shot it this past weekend and it shoots beautifully. Now I can see why it’s been in my family for so many years. Time will tell when I request a letter they have records.

Steve Huffman 02-18-2018 10:14 PM

What loads are you shooting ?

David Rios 02-18-2018 10:22 PM

Buffalo arms black powder loads really nice Ammo if you haven’t tried them.