Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Single Barrel Trap Shotguns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Atlanta Fall Classic 2022 (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37636)

Stan Hillis 10-30-2022 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Davis
However, at the 2022 Georgia State Shoot I was in a 3 way tie with money on the line. The other two gentlemen in the tie wanted to just split the money three ways. I refused, figuring I came with no money I can leave with no money. I left with the money.

My philosophy exactly! When I have gotten to a shoot off I always tried to be optimistic by telling myself that I've beaten everybody else in the field to get to this point. Now I just need to beat one more. Hasn't always worked, but it's always been fun!

Thanks for sharing the experience with us.

Mike Koneski 10-30-2022 10:21 AM

Kind of like live bird shooting. Two guys in a shoot-off agree to split the purse and shoot the birds anyway. Well, they're birds and we can shoot them. :)

Mike Koneski 10-30-2022 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 374502)
Congratulations ! You’re giving Koneski a run for it in the bling bling department :cool:

Someone has to!!! :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: There are plenty of Parker shooters who win a lot of bling.

CraigThompson 10-30-2022 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 374532)
Someone has to!!! :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: There are plenty of Parker shooters who win a lot of bling.

I try and I get a bit here or there . Just not the same magnitude as some .

Gary Carmichael Sr 12-06-2022 10:47 AM

John You do a lot for the PGCA with your scores at these events, Way to go! Gary

Mike Franzen 12-06-2022 09:53 PM

When you stop for a minute and think about it, this is a truly amazing accomplishment. He’s not shooting vintage events. He and his Parkers are going against guns that have a hundred years more evolutionary development. Contraptions that barely resemble a traditional shotgun and are current state of the art. Yet he is consistently beating his competition. What’s more amazing is he’s only been shooting trap about 5 years. Had he been around back in the day we would be reading about his exploits in Parkers in Pulp. A. W. Money, Judge Gildersleeve or even I. R. Pancake have nothing on J. N. Davis!

Mike Koneski 12-07-2022 09:01 AM

Since Parker would already have "Gaucho" west of the Mississippi selling wares, maybe they would have John east of the river doing the same. His nickname could be "El Scorcho"!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

John Davis 12-07-2022 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 376918)
Since Parker would already have "Gaucho" west of the Mississippi selling wares, maybe they would have John east of the river doing the same. His nickname could be "El Scorcho"!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Now that's too funny!

John Davis 12-07-2022 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Franzen (Post 376901)
When you stop for a minute and think about it, this is a truly amazing accomplishment. He’s not shooting vintage events. He and his Parkers are going against guns that have a hundred years more evolutionary development. Contraptions that barely resemble a traditional shotgun and are current state of the art. Yet he is consistently beating his competition.

Evolution is overrated.

Randy Davis 12-07-2022 10:51 AM

Boy`s... It`s The Indian not The Arrow. Mighty fine shooting John!