Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Engraving & Engravers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Engravers in New England (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11019)

Dean Romig 11-04-2013 07:40 PM

I'll show you mine if you show us yours...

Dave Suponski 11-04-2013 08:07 PM

Not so sure I'm comfortable with the direction this conversation is going...:rolleyes:

Brian Dudley 11-05-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen newell (Post 111219)
I would like our family initial engraved on 2 of my Parkers. Just the letter 'N' on the butt stock plaque. Dan Cullity who resides in Sandwhich, Mass and is world renowned for his work is backed up well over a year in work. I'd like to find a trusted engraver somewhere in new England that I can takes these 2 doubles to and not have to wait an eternity. Suggestions?:bowdown:

You might want to check with Dan for sure on your work. Many engravers may be backed up for a long time on big jobs, but can get small jobs like yours worked in and turned around quickly.

allen newell 11-06-2013 10:19 AM

Hello Brian, nice to hear from you. The engraving is done and right now I don't have any more Parkers to have engraved but when Brad B. finishes his work on the 12 ga VH I bought from you, I'll have that medallion engraved the Newell initial as well.

Brad's also doing some restoration work for me on a nice little 20 ga Trojan that I picked up on line a number of months ago and this will be a present to my grandson when he reaches 12 yrs of age. I'm thinking that I might ask Brad to install a medallion on the Trojan stock (even though they did not have them from the factory I believe) and have Logan's initials engraved to more 'personalize' his first gun for him. Just a thought that's rolling around in my head. (please and thank you, I don't need anyone coming back to me telling me not to 'screw up an original Trojan) I may drop by Dan Cullity's shop when the VH comes back to me from Brad (Feb 14?) and see what his timeline is (and price). I know Dan's work is world renowned (as is his price). John Perry in Wells, Me only charged me $25 each which I felt was very reasonable and I got to hear his life story which was equally fascinating especially his long range sniper missions in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and later in South America. A remarkable life for any one man or woman.

Brian Dudley 11-06-2013 10:23 AM

That should be a nice touch on the Trojan stock. Hey, if it is yours and its a gift for him, who cares if you want to do something special on it like that.

Your not restoring it for the same of resale.

allen newell 11-06-2013 01:12 PM

My thoughts too Brian.
Dean, I'll take some pics and post of the engraving that John Perry did. I told him I didn't want anything overly fancy. Just keep it simple (and readable!) and he did.

Phillip Carr 11-06-2013 02:59 PM

I have my 10m gauge GHE with NOELLE. I will get it back in about two weeks. Turn around will be about 1 month. I will let you know my thoughts when it returns.

allen newell 11-06-2013 04:03 PM

Sorry Phil, do you mean Noelle Feuchts? (sp?) Orvis advertises her as one of New England's foremost engravers.

Phillip Carr 11-06-2013 05:47 PM

Yes she is the engraver doing my GHE. Seems like fast turn around. If it turns out well I will send here a few more guns I want to get pointed up. a little 20 gauge LC Smith 2E for sure.

Dean Romig 11-06-2013 06:25 PM

Allen, I had the impression that Dan was in the process of retiring....?