PDA

View Full Version : Old photo

Dave Smith
03-14-2013, 11:56 AM
I was looking through a folder of older black and white photos from a gun show in Connecticut circa early 1970's. A display entitiled "A Century of Parker" presented by William S. Stelma. Does anyone know of this gentelman? He was a school teacher and reported to have moved to Texas.
Photos like these add to the Parker lore for fellas like myself.

Bill Murphy
03-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Last time I looked, Bill Stelma was still hawking collector items on ebay but I can't remember his user name. He was a great source of Parker paraphernalia.

Dave Smith
03-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Thanks Bill, I was speaking to my friend Larry Kaufman Ye old Conn Gun Guild and American Society member and a great source of information about collecting firearms. He appreciates Parkers but sticks to his SAA Colts and Springfield 1903's. He remembers mr Stelma and recalls him as a "peddler" rather than a collector in the true sence of the word.
I appreciate everyone who saves our history from the scrap heap. HOORAY for Bill Stelma wherever you are.:bigbye:

Gary Carmichael Sr
01-02-2014, 06:27 AM
Dave, Keep digging up bones, All Parker info is great! Gary

David Noble
01-02-2014, 04:48 PM
It would be great if you could post that picture here!

Bill Murphy
01-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Bill Stelma had a little bit of everything Parker. My favorite find from Bill was a tin "Parker Cabinets" sign with a familiar founding date. I've never seen another one. He had many catalogs to sell, but I somehow obtained most of my collection elsewhere. He was in the right part of the country at the right time.

allen newell
04-18-2016, 07:33 PM
This is a photo taken in 1936 in Hooksett, NH of my grandfather, and his friend Harold Hemming. Harold is on the left holding his Fox Sterlingworth and my grandfather is holding his 16 ga. Parker VH which is in my possession. Can't identify the car but my guess is that it's a Ford although for a time my grandfather owned the only Dusenburg in his hometown of Dedham, Mass.

Dean Romig
04-18-2016, 09:13 PM
That can't be a Ford - the hood is long enough for straight-8

charlie cleveland
04-18-2016, 11:13 PM
that car is positivetly not a ford....charlie