PDA

View Full Version : Parker medallion

Richard Roseborough
12-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Does anyone have or know where I can purchase the small medallion located on the bottom of the stock on Parker shotguns?.I am in the process of restoring an older VHE 16 ga. "O" frame and I am in need of one........Thnx...Rich R.

Harry Collins
12-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm in the same boat. I am going to replace a replacement stock. The last stock I had made I cut the shield out of an old broken stock and sent that along with the Parker. The stockmaker removed the shield from the piece I cut and installed it on a hammer gun stock. Turned out great, but I'm out of broken stocks....

Harry

Larry Frey
12-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Richard and Harry,
Here's a link to CSMG's online catalog which has the ovals and the shield available. I would think perhaps Brownell's might have them but I don't have a link for them. http://www.csmcspecials.com/category_s/13.htm

Ray Masciarella
12-04-2009, 10:14 AM
I think Turnbull installs them. Ray

Norm Growden
12-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Do you need the shield, or oval? I have one or two.

Richard Flanders
12-13-2009, 01:24 PM
If anyone wants to monkey with making their own you can get flat sterling stock from lots of jewelry suppliers like Stullers or from any jeweler who does significant jewelry making or repair. Wouldn't take much to make one. Not sure if they have nickle silver stock but I'm sure someone does.

James Brown
12-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Someone out there has a VH 28 ga. that I owned some 20-25 years ago with a stock shield I made from an old mercury dime. Worked just fine.
James

Sean Harper
12-13-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm with Richard on this one. If the gun has a large value or is historically significant for re-sale, then buy one or look for an old stock. But, if it is a family gun or just a shooter or wall-hanger then it may be more rewarding to produce one yourself. Good luck!