PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for the brief outage a bit ago...

John Dunkle
02-11-2013, 02:35 PM
We made it through nearly three days without a power loss during massive winds, a blizzard - and this AM rain & snow...

But about noon today - all power in my area went down.. Battery backups lasted about 50 minutes on all 7 servers - and had to shut everything down...

We are back "live" ;)

:cheers:

John

George M. Purtill
02-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Dont let it happen again....today.:rotf:

John Dunkle
02-11-2013, 02:50 PM
LOL!!!! I'll try not to!!! When I tried to "recessatate" one of the servers - it threw a "hissy fit" (and the power supply went out).. I just finished tearing it out and installing a new one...

Honestly? As I write this - I'm thinking I really have "no life"..???

;)

John

George M. Purtill
02-11-2013, 02:57 PM
JD
You do us a great service and don't think for a minute that we don't appreciate it.
There are hundreds of us dependent upon you for our daily dose of information and sometimes abuse.

John Dunkle
02-11-2013, 03:00 PM
And of course, not to mention - huge negative impacts on "workforce unproductivity"..?? :eek:

Seriously, though - Thank you George!!!

John

Dennis V. Nix
02-11-2013, 03:11 PM
John, believe it or not WE ARE YOUR LIFE. It is us, the loyal members of the PGCA, that give you reason for being. OK maybe not but please accept that we know you do lots just to keep this site going and we appreciate all you do.

Dennis

John Dunkle
02-11-2013, 03:31 PM
John, believe it or not WE ARE YOUR LIFE. It is us, the loyal members of the PGCA, that give you reason for being. ....

I know this will probably appear insincere, but... It's both an honor and a pleasure to be associated with so many fine gentlemen and women who are both this community and the general PGCA Membership.. Yes - in many ways - you, and all the PGCA Members "are my life". Indeed, it is my pleasure - and you have my thanks right back for entrusting me with this "cyber-community"... But, for that...

...please accept that we know you do lots just to keep this site going and we appreciate all you do... And continuing from above....

It's you - and folks just like you who have built this same community.. It' not "me", so much. You folks write the posts, log in each and every day - welcome on new folks, share congratulations and condolences equally - and much more...

All of those things are to your collective credit - certainly not mine..

By comparison - my "job" is easy... I "put up the traffic lights in this community, pave the roads and simply enforce the rules based on the common good" for this same community...

But - simply - without you, Dennis and George - and all the folks here - we wouldn't even have a community...

So - rather - my thanks right back to you....!

John

Eric Eis
02-11-2013, 07:08 PM
I want to also give my thanks to John and Jeff. But guys be carefull of all the praise for John you know "big head" and all..:rotf::rotf: Sorry John could not resist:whistle:

Dave Suponski
02-11-2013, 07:50 PM
John, Very well written. As always"Thanks for all you do" sir.....:)

Robert Rambler
02-11-2013, 08:04 PM
I "put up the traffic lights in this community, pave the roads and simply enforce the rules based on the common good" for this same community...

BUT! You do that very,very,very well compared to some of the other gun boards.
And that makes a huge difference,that we don't thank you often enough for!! IMHO :bowdown::bowdown: