PDA

View Full Version : C&R eligability

Tom Pollock
12-01-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm considering purchasing a Parker reproduction. Can I use a C&R FFL for the transfer? I gave up on looking through the ATF CD for the answer.

Dave Suponski
12-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Tom,I am a current C&R holder.I purchased a Repro in Februrary of this year.The gun is considered a modern firearm so I had to ship it to an FFL holder. Hope this helps...:)

Tom Pollock
12-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Dave - that helps; thanks for the info.

maxcreigs
02-24-2010, 07:03 AM
I recently applied for my C&R, still waiting for it to arrive.I've heard that some shops, such as Brownells, give discounts to C&R holders on some items.The gun is considered a modern firearm so I had to ship it to an FFL holder.I'm wondering if anyone offers discounts on ammo of all varieties.I hope this is very helpful to you.

Chuck Heald
02-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Max,
I'm not aware of any retailers discounting ammo for C&R holders. If you find one, please post.

Tom,
One thing about the C&R system, a person may petition to add guns to the list based on attributes other than the 50 yr old criteria. If you examine the C&R list, it shows many more modern guns on it like the comemorative Winchester lever guns and includes all Winchester model 12s (even the Japanese ones). I've actually drafted a paper to petition for the Browning Supers to get added. I'd suspect the Repro's could qualify if we took the time to petition.

Destry L. Hoffard
02-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Max,

What's that link to in your profile? I tried it and it took me to some german website.

Destry