PDA

View Full Version : 1889 BH 12-bore 1-frame

John Havard
02-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Engraving and nice wood are the two attributes that get my toe to tappin' faster than most anything else. This BH from 1889 has both and is, I think, engraved by Harry Gough. Alas I have not found his initials or his signature anywhere on this fine old gal (and yes, I looked under the trigger guard). The dogs look angry and the scroll and style are similar to my eye of the other works known to be attributed to him.

Thankfully I get to be the caretaker of this honest old gun for a while (thanks Chuck) and I wanted to share some photos of the engraving. More photos can be seen in the album just posted.

In the interest of expanding our collective database for engraving examples found on our beloved Parkers through the years I offer this batch of photos. Enjoy.

David Noble
02-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Eight dogs and two birds, nice! That is indeed a beauty.

Bill Murphy
02-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Being a pointer junkie, I'm surprised that Chuck turned loose of this one.

charlie cleveland
02-05-2013, 07:21 PM
mighty nice...real good pictures too... charlie

Gill Frye
02-05-2013, 07:29 PM
I really like the gold capped ball grip...beautiful gun!!!

Rich Anderson
02-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Congrats John that is a beauty for sure. I gave her close consideration but have my eye on a couple of other ones. Chuck is a good guy to deal with and I know you will get good service from your newest addition. Well done:bowdown:

John Havard
02-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Rich, we're all just temporary care takers of our fine old shotguns - but I'm glad I ended up being able to hold this one for a while.