25 target 5 stand
9:00am to 3:00pm

Contact
Chuck Bishop
pgcaresearch@verizon.net

I hope to see some new faces this year:bigbye:

Chuck Bishop
03-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Bringing it to the top. Less than a month to go.

I know there are quite a few Pa Parker owners that I've never met and it would be great to meet you at this shoot. Doesn't matter how well or poorly you shoot, the scores aren't important (ask me how I know this.)

We'll try and have a group photo at around 9:30.

Chuck

edgarspencer
03-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Chuck, you know the Three Stooges from CT will be there.

Daryl Corona
03-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Chuck;
Looking forward to it as usual. Would'nt it be great if the three stooges made it? Your shoot gets better every year. Thanks!

Chuck Bishop
03-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Edgar,

I know Purtill is one of the Stooges, who are the other two you will be bringing?

edgarspencer
03-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Yes, Purtill is one, and I'm Moe. Curley will be the surprise.

Daryl Corona
03-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Curley was my favorite and I bet I know who it might be. Funny Edgar, I envisioned you as Moe when you announced the Stooges were coming. He was the erudite one of the three you know.:eek:

Chuck Bishop
03-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Edgar, I was trying to be nice to you by implying you weren't one of the Stooges but if you were Moe, you were definately the head STOOGE:bowdown:

edgarspencer
03-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Funny Edgar, I envisioned you as Moe when you announced the Stooges were coming. He was the erudite one of the three you know.:eek:
Yeah, he was also bald.

Rich Anderson
03-12-2013, 08:27 AM
I figure Suponski is in there somewhere.

Daryl Corona
03-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Hello Curley.....?:rolleyes:

Chuck Bishop
03-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Just 12 more days till the shoot. I hope the weather turns warmer and drier.

I talked to a fellow local PGCA member today and he's going to try and bring his back action Parker S/N 66 for inspection. He's willing to have the gun disassembled (within reason) so we can get a good look at the innards.

There is a small kitchen for an egg sandwich and coffee for breakfast and the usual hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. for lunch. Pies for dessert. We usually go to a local sports bar after the shoot for some beer and wings, etc.

Hope to see some new faces this year!!!

Daryl Corona
03-26-2013, 04:20 PM
One memorable year we had a torrential downpour all morning. No shooting but we still had a great time talking SxS's and hunting stories. Can't wait for the wings (and beer of course.):corn:,

Chuck Bishop
03-30-2013, 05:09 PM
Beautiful day today and I stopped in at Blue Ridge to make sure everything was on schedule for next Saturday. The parking lot was packed at 11am! Since the club is open to all shooters, not just SxS guys on Saturdays, it might be a good idea to start out shooting the Wobble Trap and 5 Stand first until early afternoon, then shoot the SC course. I went back at 1:30 and it wasn't nearly as crowded. Just a thought

As you enter the club grounds, you'll see the blue pavilion on your left, that is the 5 stand. As you enter the main parking lot, the road going down to your left, you'll see the Wobble trap pyramid, and the main clubhouse to sign up in will be on your right side of the parking lot.

The weather for next Saturday is looking OK so far. See you all soon.

Chuck

Robert Rambler
03-30-2013, 07:36 PM
If we have the same weather Saturday as we had at Prospect Hall, WV today the shoot will be fabulous. The Virginia Vintagers had a great bunch of shooters show up today. Many Parkers were in attendance crushing clays to dust.A great time was had by everyone.:)

Dave Suponski
04-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Egger, George and I arrived home last evening after attending this great shoot. We drove down to Harrisburg Friday afternoon and spent the evening at Chucks home. Saturday morning dawned a bit chilly but without a cloud in the sky. Blue Ridge Sportsmans club is a first rate venue with great targets and all the members treated us like family. Many of the usual suspect's from the area were in attendance including many friends from the Virginia Vintagers.It was great to see and shoot with many old friends after a long winter. I estimate some where between 40-50 shooters shot the event. I think I can speak for us all that we had a great time and I would recommend this event to anyone that can attend. The trip home was uneventful even with Egger stuffing the Ford insignia into a few trunks...:whistle:

I want to thank Chuck and Marge Bishop for their hospitality and putting us up. A tour of the PGCA Research office was great and Chuck explained exactly what doing a research letter entails from start to finish. Believe me when I tell you guy's it's a great value for the money.

A few pictures for you guy's....

Dave Suponski
04-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Couple more.....That handsome gent in the green vest is Frank(Silvers)Srebro of the Fox Collectors BOD. A great guy. Now if we can just get Steve(Toolman)Cambria to leave CT to attend some of these events that would be great. Well...Maybe next week at Addieville.....

edgarspencer
04-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Probably what that Red car with all the dingleberries around the mirror saw.

Dave Suponski
04-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Oh ya I forgot about that one.......:rotf:

edgarspencer
04-07-2013, 09:56 AM
I'd like to add my thanks to Chuck and his wife for their hospitality, and for providing a great Saturday venue.
I know how hard Chuck works to prepare our research letters, and seeing the order books and stock books gave me the same sense of awe as I did when I saw the Declaration of Independence when I was a kid. Despite the fact we were looking at copies of the original documents, seeing the actual handwriting of the clerk who put the information to paper over a hundred years ago was a treat.
The Sporting Clays course at Chucks club was well thought out, and as usual, the targets we saw from the spectators angle, often proved a bit more tricky when in the box. The left to right bird on edge at station 15 is still stuck in my mind. Bugger.

Chuck Bishop
04-07-2013, 11:19 AM
My thanks to all who attended the shoot. My official roster had 35 shooters sign in but everyone was in agreement that there were probably between 40 and 50 shooters there. The weather was great although pretty cold in the shade and the breeze made it even colder.

It was a blast having the 3 Stooges come down from Ct. I guess I'm now the silent 4th Stooge because the other 3 kicked my butt on the course although I was able to tie Moe on the wobble trap. Sorry, no pictures from me, somehow the camera was telling me that the "card is locked" when I tried to take the first picture. Turns out there is a little tab on the memory card much like the old floppy disks and it somehow got pushed. Oh well, please send me any pictures you have of the shoot.

I hope to see many of you at the Southern coming up in a few weeks.

Chuck

Chuck Bishop
04-07-2013, 11:28 AM
I forgot to thank PGCA member Al Gingrich for bringing along his Parker S/N 66 for us to see and handle. It's a 12ga backaction lifter in great original condition. There are still traces of case colors and Laminated steel barrels. I hope somebody took some pictures of it. Bad time for my camera to malfunction:banghead:

Dave Suponski
04-07-2013, 01:52 PM
A few more pictures courtesy of Robert Rambler.