PDA

View Full Version : Dog Hike Gear

Jack Cronkhite
01-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Even the pups gave up today. Normal hike is an hour or more. We have gone into the deep freeze. They lasted about 10 minutes and let me know they weren't as dressed for it as me. I could not keep up to them. They made it back to the vehicle a couple minutes ahead of me. About -37 Celsius with a slight breeze bringing wind chill to -42. Time to find my way to a warmer clime where a Tshirt and shorts would be de rigueur, not all this. Yes, two balaclavas, two coats, real wool long johns, lined jeans and arctic muck boots :eek:

Cheers,
Jack

Tom Pollock
01-31-2013, 07:12 PM
Last week here in PA it got so cold my dog got the coat out of the closet himself. :)

Steve Kleist
02-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Hi Jack.
I see you are a Muck Boot fan, like I am. They are the best! Warm, comfortable, dry, light, great traction. Now, like Gene Hill says "Be sure to get another pair because if they are any good they'll quit making them."
We have had the same weather in northern MN as you have had, just a day or so later, and No Bugs!
Best Fishes,
Steve Kleist Ely, MN

Jack Cronkhite
02-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Great boots for my world.

Daryl Corona
02-12-2013, 08:13 AM
I've got two pair and next to my Russells the most comfortable and useful boots I own.

charlie cleveland
02-12-2013, 09:09 AM
yep i like them muck boots to...best boot ive ever worn so far....now if them northern boys tell you they keep your feet warm believe them..... charlie