PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Sunset With Witneses:

Bruce Bruner
01-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Our backyard looks like this sometimes. Enjoy...

Dean Romig
01-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Wonderful picture Bruce!

Do you get those UFO's around your place often?

(in the sky between the fenceposts)

Bruce Bruner
01-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Dean, I'm thinking the UFO could be a flying grasshopper, perhaps a hummingbird. I tried to enlarge the area but I couldn't make it out. The photo in the previous frame didn't show it. I could photo shop it out but as with most things in my life...true perfection is out of my grasp. I'll post the other frame too.

Dean Romig
01-11-2013, 11:17 PM
... ;)

charlie cleveland
01-12-2013, 03:10 PM
that is a beautiful sight..it looks like the sky is afire... and that deer on the right as shore got a wide set of ears on her.... charlie

Peter Clark
01-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Great photos Bruce but how come the ground isn't white? Must be a warmer part of Colorado than where I live. Our snow doesn't melt, it just eventually wears out. Suposed to be another chilly one with -30 or so again tonight. It's getting quite tiresome.
-plc-

Bruce Bruner
01-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Duckman, The ground isn't white because that photo was taken on August 29, 2011. As of today it's a steady 0.3 degrees and there is a very brittle snow cover of 2 1/2". We didn't venture out to dust any clays yesterday, the high temperature was 7 degrees. Colorado is fantastic in the Spring, Summer and Fall but as you know the Winter is long and tiresome. BB

Peter Clark
01-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Duckman, The ground isn't white because that photo was taken on August 29, 2011. As of today it's a steady 0.3 degrees and there is a very brittle snow cover of 2 1/2". We didn't venture out to dust any clays yesterday, the high temperature was 7 degrees. Colorado is fantastic in the Spring, Summer and Fall but as you know the Winter is long and tiresome. BB

I get it Bruce. Here is one from August 30, 2011. If we can make it through the cold spell we also live at the end of the rainbow!
We have winter league starting in 2 weeks. It will be just like goose hunting, shooting in insulated coveralls, long handles, etc. I need to load some shells but it's too cold in my shop, even with a fire going. Only hit -20 last night so maybe we will have a warming trend. The weather girls on the Denver stations forget we exist down here. I chuckle when they talk about 0 to 10 degrees as "bitter cold".
-plc-

Gary Carmichael Sr
01-14-2013, 04:47 PM
One beautiful sunset, God's work can't be beat!