PDA

View Full Version : Posting pics

Mark Brady
12-17-2012, 10:22 PM
OK, so I'm a bit dense. I'm a bit new to the site and can't figure out how to post pictures. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rick Losey
12-17-2012, 11:16 PM
take a look at the links on the bottom of the FAQ link on the left side of the home page

Mark Brady
12-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the info.

Gary Carmichael Sr
12-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Mark, do not let this posting pictures get you down! If I can do it any body can do it. Gary

Rick Losey
12-18-2012, 08:51 AM
i generally cheat and do it manually (not using the icons)- but the explaination seems to confuse folks worse-

i guess that is seems simple to me is a bad sign :rotf:

Robert Brush
12-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the info.

Hi Mark..I too am a new member (and currently without a Parker) and like you I had great difficulty learning how to post photos. I use an Ipad so it may be a little different than using Windows.

I signed up on a photo sharing site (PhotoBucket in my case but I think they all work the same) and uploaded my photos from computer to the site. Once uploaded, select a photo and you have the ability to go to the image ( there is a tab that says "image links" and then select the "image code" (img.xxxxxxxxxyyyyyyzzzz) highlight the whole link, and right click and copy. Come back to this site and to the posting that you are making, right click and then "paste" the code in....your image should now be on your posting which you can preview.

Hope this helps however if you need further assistance, send me a PM.

Bob Davis
12-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Hi, Robert and welcome to the PGCA. I was just in San Leon a couple of weeks ago. Had the mesquite grilled oysters at Gilhooley's. I've got a place over on Galveston Island.

Best regards,

Bob

Robert Brush
12-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Hi, Robert and welcome to the PGCA. I was just in San Leon a couple of weeks ago. Had the mesquite grilled oysters at Gilhooley's. I've got a place over on Galveston Island.

Best regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the welcome, this is a real friendly bunch and a great wealth of knowledge...especially about SxS's. I agree, those famous Oysters Gilhooley
are great, and another real good spot for seafood is Topwater Grill if you want to expand your dining experience in San Leon.

Happy New Year to you,

Robert

Bob Davis
01-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Robert: Just reading your message now. Thank you and Happy New Year to you as well. My wife and I go to Topwater at least 2-3 times a year for the fried shrimp, which is some of the best around. San Leon is a very cool place. Dusty Baker with ZZ Top had a mansion there for awhile, and I understand from some of the Gilhooley's guys that he used to hang out there now and then.

I've even see the green parrots flying around there, and I understand that they have nests in some of the trees and telephone poles.

Stay warm. I'm in The Woodlands right now and it feels like about 20-degrees outside. I don't know about you, but I'm not used to the colder weather.

All the best,

Bob

Mark Brady
01-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Robert

Thanks for the input. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Mark