PDA

View Full Version : CHE 20 Ga.

Russ Jackson
11-22-2009, 09:57 AM
This is Parker Gun ,240983, It is a 20Ga. CHE grade ,build date,1937, some of the unique features to this gun are the floor plate engraving ,and the checkering ,All numbers match on the wood of the gun ,but the checking is not like standard Parker / Remington checking ,the gun has three return or repair codes stamped on the water table, it is possible that the checking was done by request , but there isn't much info. to be found on the gun ! Also the Barrel engraving is not common to the C grade guns ,but upon close inspection ,it is agreed by all who have studied this gun the engraving on the receiver and the barrels have been done by the same hand ,and also agreed that it is factory engraved by R. Runge ! Hopefully the body and guests will enjoy studying the engraving style of this Remington era Parker . Thank you for looking ; Russ Jackson1774

Russ Jackson
11-22-2009, 10:02 AM
CHE Checkering ; Thanks for looking; Russ

John Dunkle
11-23-2009, 08:22 AM
Russ,

Thanks for sharing! Absolutely stunning Parker! As well, as you noted, I find the floorplate very well done - and with the relief, shadows and quality of the engraving, reminds me of a Prussian Daly, which I'm also fond of. Beautiful..!

As well - is the tang or trigger-guard engraved as well?

Best to you Russ - and my thanks again!

John

Russ Jackson
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Thank You John on the compliments of the gun , the trigger guard seems to be standard CH ,and I believe the tang ,is standard also ,if any one thinks it is not standard ,please say so ,I am positive many here have seem more CH grade guns than I have !

Dean Romig
11-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Russ, I went straight into 'research mode' when I saw the initials on the oval. Unfortunately his first name was Theophilus, not Nash . . .