PDA

View Full Version : Nicky New Guy and a Trojan Question

Matt Valinsky
12-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Good afternoon folks. Brand new here as of yesterday being registered, but I've been a frequent visitor.

This is one difficult site to visit. the difficultly is looking at all the pictures, I don't wear the color green very well and there is certainly some eye candy here.

As much as I like the high grade Parker's, my heart is with the Trojan grade gun. Last weekend I just happened to stop at the local gun shop and up on the middle rack, back in the corner sat a Trojan.

I just had to look at it as we don't get to see many parker's around here.
Here is what I found, serial number 177368 on both the barrels and the water table. 28" barrels, full and modified. There is no color left on the receiver at all. The barrels are freckled and with a tiny bit of bare metal showing in one area and the bores are bright. The barrels and receiver lock up tight. The stock has no cracks but it does have it's share of dings and scratches. This gun for sure has been hunted but I don't think abused. Also, there was no indication of chamber length.

I did notice, one of the barrels has a slight dent. I spoke with a gunsmith last night and he said that problem can be fixed without much trouble or expense.

The best part about the gun, it's a sweet 16 guage, my favorite.

So, my questions to the Parker Guru's here, does my description match up with the serial number? Can I use today's shotshells in it provided it's chambered to 2-3/4"? The asking price is $1,350.00. I know pictures would be extremely helpful, but don't own a digital camera and taking pictures of this Trojan would be my only need for one. Is that asking price reasonable considering no pictures?

Any and all input will be appreciated. I'd kinda like to be owning a Trojan.

Thanks, Matt

Craig Parker
12-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Matt,
You might move this over to general, most will miss this post.

Craig

Jim DiSpagno
12-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Serial # 177368--Trojan capped pisto grip no extras 16ga. 28" barrels.
Have the chambers and barrels checked by a competent gunsmith and remember that most 16 ga. guns from this period were 2 9/16" chambers.
As far as price, condition condition condition. If in good shape the price would be acceptable if you really like it. Just my humble opinion. Jim

Paul Plager
12-12-2012, 09:42 PM
I agree with Jim. Then again on amount of money is to much if you think it is worth it. If I were there I would probably buy it.

Dean Romig
12-12-2012, 09:52 PM
That sixteen gauge Trojan will soon be your best huntin' buddy.

Mark Brady
12-19-2012, 10:36 AM
I've owned a 16 gauge Trojan since my 12th. birthday in 1958. I took a lot of grouse and pheasant with it here in upstate N.Y., not to mention a lot of cottontails. I no longer hunt but I still enjoy shooting sporting clays with that little brush gun

charlie cleveland
12-19-2012, 03:03 PM
mark it aint never to late to start back hunting.... i see you and me is the same age... charlie

Andy Kelley
12-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Sounds like you got a very nice gun in a ga. that is fun to shoot. It should be a lot lighter to haul around than a twelve and being a Parker it will ever disappoint you. Good luck with it!