PDA

View Full Version : Serial Number Build Details:

Bruce Bruner
11-21-2012, 10:59 AM
I am considering purchasing a what I believe to be a 1891 "P" Grade and if a fellow member could please post any information on the original build specifications it would be helpful making an informed decision. The serial number is 67419. Thank you, Bruce

Joe Dreisch
11-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Not in the book.

Bruce Bruner
11-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Thank you Joe, I guess the records are incomplete. If the serial numbers match and the barrel isn't cut the value is probably unchanged due to the omission. I'm hunting for "The Book" now. Thank you, Bruce

Joe Dreisch
11-21-2012, 09:10 PM
You're welcome, Bruce. If you mean that you are looking to purchase the Parker Gun Identification and Serialization book, here's a link to ebay "buy it now". Looks like the best price offered right now. With the money you save you can join PGCA!
Joe

BTW, I have no connection to the item. just saw it while browsing....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parker-Gun-Identification-and-Serialization-2002-Paperback-WW73949-/130754250188?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item1e718f85cc#ht_1100wt_932

Bruce Bruner
11-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Hey Joe, Thank you, I just purchased your suggested book on Ebay, It should be here Tuesday. Bruce

Russ Jackson
11-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Bruce ,A Great Buy , I have a couple ,one I take to Gun Shows with me , with notes and memos I jotted down and pages falling out because I use it so much and one that I keep nice and new and doesn't travel with me ! If you don't own " The Parker Story " yet ,that will or should be your next " Parker " purchase ,they seem a little pricey at first but they can and will save you the cost of the book many times over by knowing what each grade and Model should look like before you purchase that next Parker and they are so enjoyable to read and there is so much info. there is hardly a Day passes I don't get mine out and just glance through it ! Best ; Russ