PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Trigger Question

Gerry Addison
11-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Is there any tricks to removing the trigger on a repro for cleaning? I've never had one apart and don't want to get in over my head.

Kenny Graft
11-21-2012, 07:15 AM
You must have the correct tools and would be best to have a qualified gun smith show you exactly what is involved. It is a project to say the least. Some of the repro's can have stuck screws and give the experts trouble. Your gun is valuable and messing up the screws is very easy! Those screws must be hand made, fited, timed and engraved to match if one would need replaced....SEE the $$$ leave you! Better sent to a qualified gun smith who has worked on Parker repro's...like member and gun smith Brade Bachelder in michigan. I would expect to pay 200.00 for this project, maybe a little less?? A call to Brad to get exact amount would be in order. You may want to ask for additional recomandations close to were you live. Other members have had this work preformed and could give you more info if you ask. Thanks Kenny SXS ohio...(-:

Gerry Addison
11-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks Kenny, I've used Brad a number of times and he does great work. I have a complete set of gunsmith screw drivers, I believe there is 130 in all so I have the sizes, just didn't know if there is anything tricky once you get inside the gun.

Eric Eis
11-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Is it a single trigger? If it is stay away and send it to someone that understands that trigger Either Brad or Dan of Miller tigger could do the job

Dave Suponski
11-21-2012, 02:03 PM
I agree with Kenny and Eric. Send the gun to a gunsmith with experience in single triggers. I have seen more than one messed up beyond repair. I used Abe Chaber in Danbury CT for my Repro 28 when it developed doubling problems. The gun worked perfectly after Abe finished with it.

Rob Greenside
11-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Hey Gerry, how was your grouse hunt up in WI this year? Hope all is well with you my friend. Rob G.

Gerry Addison
11-29-2012, 11:11 PM
The grouse hunting was great and we had some super dog work. Hunted with my 28GA Repro for two weeks and it did better than expected. Love chasing those setters around the grouse woods.