PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania Pheasant vs. VH 28Gauge

WILLIAM STANELL
11-20-2012, 07:01 PM
19688A day on the Farm. Parker 6. Pheasants 0. Thanks Ken Goldenberg for selling me so many small bore Parkers. They are the best!!:):corn::)

Daryl Corona
11-20-2012, 08:40 PM
You are so right about those small bore Parkers. How is old Ken doing? Have'nt talked to him in a while so I guess I should give him a call. Do you have a contact # for him? Thanks. By the way nice gun. Notice the VH 28 in my avatar taken in So. Dakota.

Kenny Graft
11-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Potter county has one hidden spot that was stocked with wild pheasants years ago. My guide knows this place and takes a couple birds a year. We flushed a dozzen birds that day in one flush! We missed them all! We did follow them and we each got one rooster. Mine was a vetern and Daves a yearling, both nice birds. It was a hard hunt with brush and briars above our heads. This area is a boggy creek bottom that runs between the road, 20 foot wid 2 foot deep creek and foot hills. We had only deer paths to get throu this tangle. I know why the birds can servive there,they have food ,a larg creek and cover from all preditors including man...I came out bleeding from the wild rose bushes! We had our grouse guns and 7 1/2 light loads. We also have good pointing dogs that keep the shooting close...Ruby is 21 month old Gordon setter and pointing pheasants very well...(-: My gun is a repro 16 gauge 28" Q1/Q2 PG-Dt-SF....Dave shoots them L.C. smith guns that have been handed down in his family, this one is also a 16 with open chokes....he does not miss many birds! See the pics...Kenny,Dave and Ruby. Thanks all SXS ohio,,,,,,,,,,,,,

charlie cleveland
11-21-2012, 05:35 PM
looks like you boys earned them birds... charlie