PDA

View Full Version : Ever seen one like this

Gerry Ryan
11-20-2012, 04:03 PM
I have seen a 28 gauge with multi chokes, single trigger with a sidelock type plate and a pistol grip stock with a recoil pad (black) fitted. It has a surname and 2 initials engraved on the action.
This gun is for sale and I am interested as its handles beautifully.
Have you ever seen one like this.

Greg Baehman
11-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the forum, Gerry.

I know that I've never seen a 28-ga. Parker Repro as you describe, but I think I know of a guy from Michigan that might have. Can you post some good pics of this gun?

Gerry Ryan
11-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks very much for your kind welcome.

This gun is available for sale. The price, if its a genuine Parker Reproduction, is at a level some way short of what I see on internet searches. I will give the game away completely if I try to photograph it.

Its with a dealer, not in the USA might I add, and I am excited that I may have uncovered a gem.

I am a long distance from the United States and my surname would give you a clue as to where.

I am fairly happy its the real deal, its just the sidelock style sideplate that is throwing me.

It comes with snap caps as described in another thread.

So, if the Sideplate issue could be sorted then I would be happy to make my move.

Many thanks for your help.

Dean Romig
11-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Mr Gerry Ryan

Forum Members are forbidden from offering guns for sale on this website.
That is a priviledge available only to PGCA Members and even then on a page only visible to other PGCA Members.

Rick Losey
11-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Dean

i think he is saying it is for sale some place and he is looking to buy it

so he doesn't want to out the location and have competition for a deal

But Gerry- the Parker repros did not have sideplates - not sure about the Parker-Hales ( no relation) made in the UK

Dean Romig
11-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Oh... nevermind. :o

Gerry Ryan
11-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Dean

i think he is saying it is for sale some place and he is looking to buy it

so he doesn't want to out the location and have competition for a deal

But Gerry- the Parker repros did not have sideplates - not sure about the Parker-Hales ( no relation) made in the UK

Exactly, thanks for that.

Apologies for the misunderstanding. Its a bit of a conundrum as its not a Parker Hale. Its got the Rib that I have seen in the photographs which is not typical of a European gun. I will explore further and if I buy it, which I think likely, I will post some photos.

I value the forum and enjoy reading about Parker, both Original and Reproduction, and my only intention here was to gain information which would help me to become an owner of one of these fine guns.

Craig Parker
11-21-2012, 03:41 PM
You could post SN for more help on ID

Eric Eis
11-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Sideplates on a Repo very very unlikey and the only Repo's with screw in chokes that I know of were the 12 ga sporting clay models Be very carefull if you are thinking of buying it as it does not sound like a repo or a real Parker

Greg Baehman
11-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Is the term "Repo" unique to Michiganders or is it just Rich's dialect rubbing off onto Eric? :confused:

Rick Losey
11-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Is the term "Repo" unique to Michiganders or is it just Rich's dialect rubbing off onto Eric? :confused:

a Parker "repro" is a reproduction of the original Parker Brothers shotgun

a Parker "repo" is a Parker Brothers shotgun ya couldn't keep the payments up on

:whistle:

Dave Suponski
11-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Nice!.....:rotf:

John Dallas
11-21-2012, 09:42 PM
I always thought the term for a reproduction of any sort was a "Repop"

Rich Anderson
11-22-2012, 09:10 AM
The term Repo for the reproduction Parker has always (at least as far as I know) been linked to them. I have heard them called Repo's in more than one upscale gun emporium.

I've owned several and they are good guns for the money, I have never seen one with sideplates however.

Eric Eis
11-22-2012, 09:17 AM

I've been spending too much time around Rich...:)

Dave Suponski
11-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Sorry to hear that Eric......:rotf:

Dean Romig
11-22-2012, 08:09 PM
REPROduction... not repoduction. Details mean everything gentlemen.

Rich Anderson
11-23-2012, 08:49 AM
If you want details than we (at least I do) need spell check:bigbye:

Chuck Heald
11-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Well, I suppose if there are Paaakuz, there must be Repoz.http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/roaniecowpony/Emoticons/thcoffeescreen.gif