PDA

View Full Version : #2 stamp on FA Brl lug ?

joe breda
11-01-2012, 01:21 PM
JoeB Here,
My 28ga 26"brls have a #2 stamped on the forarm lug.
What does that mean? Was it the 2nd brl that was a set ?
Cheers,
JoeB

Chuck Bishop
11-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Yup, that's the second set of barrels.

joe breda
11-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Hmmmm ! 2nd set, wounder what could have heppened to the other set ?
Posibly sold and refitted to another gun ?
Was there a #1 on the other set ? Or nothing at all ?
Would the other set also have a seperate FA?
BTW The case and the canvas case that mine came with was for a single.
Cheers,
JoeB

Kenny Graft
11-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Same as the original Parkers....as the years pass ugley things happen. One owner may only hunt grouse and sells his M/F barrels off to a pheasant hunter.....or that case just collects dust...you want to buy it? Pap past and we found this gun, no box with it just the gun. on and on! 25 years later we read this thread. One thing about the repro's many of them will except barrels from other repro's with no fittin!...just put them on your receiver..wella! I just bought a steel shot special, it is SG-SST-BTF. I like double triggers. So I have a PG-DT-SF 12ga that fits me well...its 28" M/F So I pulled the barrels off and set the SS IC/M barrels on and slowly closed it up...fits perfect. Now the beaver tail...it fits perfect. Wow... this is great! HMMM...will the splinter work on the SS barrels ? wow.. it snaped right in place too! How cool is this. I now have a real versatile set with great choke options and two forend options...sweet. Gotta love them repro's....(-: I wish they were still making them..........SXS ohio

joe breda
11-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Great story Mr SxS Ohio ! Thanks,
BTW I used to be your neighbor, used to live in Pa.
Now in Ca, on the Left coast. Oh well, But the weather is awsome !
I do miss my grouse hunting, and the 28 Repro would have been great for that !
Now,.. I only shoot those clay birds, another , Oh well !
Cheers,
JoeB