PDA

View Full Version : Somebody here may want this!

David Noble
10-29-2012, 11:35 PM
I was doing some research on rib markings on multi barrel sets and ran across this.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=314211441

The "buy it now" price is very reasonable in my opinion. This is not my gun/auction and I have nothing to do with it, just thought I'd bring it to the attention of those here. If it was a 28ga set or a multi guage set it woud be mine already! :)

Edit: I see this has been on GB for several weeks now. The price started out at $5495 and dropped every other time it didn't sell, so maybe it will get better yet!

Greg Baehman
10-30-2012, 03:47 AM
Very nice wood on that one. That French Horn engraved into the initial plate certainly must have had a special meaning to a previous owner.

Kenny Graft
10-30-2012, 06:52 AM
All the NSSF guns have the horn.....does have nice wood and beaver tail, Q1/Q2 is also a plus. If it had one more trigger........................SXS ohio

ron belanger
10-30-2012, 01:30 PM
I've been eyeballing that one for weeks now...can't pull the trigger, so to speak...:)

David Noble
10-30-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't mind the rib inscriptions, but the script on the sides of the barrel bothers me for some reason. If the price drops again by a hundred or two I just might give in. :whistle:

Richard Flanders
10-30-2012, 06:45 PM
That is gorgeous wood. It's #39 of the set of 100. I have the #1 NSFL set in 28 ga but mine is a splinter and DT. If this had two triggers I suspect it would be gone by now. You'll look long and hard for better wood than that. 3" chambers??? I can't imagine shooting 3" shells in a 20ga Repro! The only one I've had kicked like a mule with target loads.

Peter Clark
10-30-2012, 09:42 PM
That is gorgeous wood. It's #39 of the set of 100. I have the #1 NSFL set in 28 ga but mine is a splinter and DT. If this had two triggers I suspect it would be gone by now. You'll look long and hard for better wood than that. 3" chambers??? I can't imagine shooting 3" shells in a 20ga Repro! The only one I've had kicked like a mule with target loads.

I wound up with a bunch of 3" bismuth 20ga shells and shot a lot of ducks with them out of my repro. Works very well and with the straight grip. I think recoil was tamed quite a bit by the stock configuration.

Kenny Graft
11-14-2012, 08:24 AM
That is the same seller I bought my last gun from. It was a 12ga steel shot spl. SST-SG-BTL It was not listed as a SS and was way under its value, I did a BUY IT NOW!!! It looks like this gun has been sold at a real good price as well.....hope we here about who got it. That was a steel!!! Love the wood,Q1/Q2 and scarce beaver tail.... all hard to find. Just think if it were being made today it would cost over 12K if not 20K. LOVE THEM REPRO'S....SXS ohio

Richard Skeuse
11-14-2012, 11:01 AM
buy it now nsfl gun is a steal. Offer the seller the $200 less than you want to pay, the worst he can say is no. Otherwise you get a good deal and a great piecy of wood at a bargan. Just my 2 cents:)

John Liles
11-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Is it possible that the leftmost barrel-set in the muzzle depicting picture has been cut? I notice that the tubes do not touch, and one set of barrels is about two inches shorter than the recess area provided for them in the case. Maybe the case was not specifically made for this gun? Would original barrel configuration for a Repro be available in a research letter? Probably just displaying my Parker ignorance here, sorry!
John

Bob Jurewicz
11-15-2012, 09:59 AM
John,
All is well with both gun and case. The case is merely missing the spacer for the 26" barrel srt.
Bob Jurewicz

John Liles
11-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the clarification Bob, a picture of the terminal end of the top rib beyond the bead may have kept me from suggesting otherwise. I'll return to my LC Smith corner now!
John

Dave Suponski
11-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Mr. Liles, You are welcome here anytime....:)

Richard Skeuse
11-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi John I checked our records the NSFL 20-39 gun you see is how we sold it. 26" and 28" barrels. The space you see is incase someone wanted 2 28" barrels. Thanks

John Liles
11-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks Dave, and thank you Richard for taking the time to verify the as-sold configuration.
John