PDA

View Full Version : The Parker Story

Phil Yearout
10-14-2012, 12:33 PM
I wonder if anyone has a used set for sale? I read elsewhere on the forum about someone upgrading to a deluxe set and selling their "trade" set. I'm no collector, and the current budget will not support purchasing a new set, but I would like to have the books in my small library. Thanks...

Jack Kuzepski
10-14-2012, 02:02 PM
You may want to consider the "Blemished" sets that are available through Double Gun Journal. I bought a "Blemished" set over a year ago, best money I ever spent. I had to LOOK for the blems and I was in promotional printing for over 30 years.

Jack Kuzepski

Phil Yearout
10-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks; good suggestion and I have considered that but not sure the "gun stuff" budget will bear it at this time. Just thought someone might have a set for sale.

Brian Dudley
10-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Also keep an eye out on Ebay and Half.com as well as Amazon. Used sets pop up from time to time. They can usually be had for the same price as the Blem sets or maybe less.
If you ask about the Blemished sets, they will say that the usual blemishes can be anything from ink spots to blown bindings. But, from what I hear is that the blemished sets that people end up with are not bad at all. A great buy for the money.

Greg Baehman
10-18-2012, 01:56 PM
If and when the blemished sets sell out, I doubt very much that any one having a set would consider selling it at less than what they paid for it. Get them while you can.

Phil Yearout
11-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Bit the bullet and ordered a blem set. Looking forward to it!

Dean Romig
11-05-2012, 11:58 AM
You will NOT be disappointed!

Phil Yearout
11-13-2012, 08:50 PM
They arrived today, and you are correct, definitely not disappointed.