PDA

View Full Version : printing block

Rick Losey
10-07-2012, 09:34 AM
I found this printing box in a central NY antique shop a couple weeks ago,
When I saw it, my guess was it was for some instruction manual. The antique shop is about in the middle between Ilion, Fulton and Ithaca, and toss in the Utica made Foxes just a little farther for good measure

but yesterday, looking at a Parker hang tag on another site I was struck by the similarity. I see one subtle difference in the location of the tab that pushes the automatic bar but the numbers/letters are the same. This block's image is about 4 1/2 by 2 inches. Its a little worn, and since I am inking and pressing it by hand the image is not as sharp as it could be (that is, if done by someone who knows what the heck they are doing :rotf:)

Any thoughts?

I haven't been through the Parker book yet to see if there are variations. and have never had a hang tag in hand for size comparison.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/setterw/2012-10-07_09-00-14_517.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/setterw/2012-10-07_08-59-41_442.jpg

Dean Romig
10-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Everything about it says "Parker Bros." to me. The shape of the doll's head, the shape of the lug, The lever and bolt, the cocking hook in the lug... it all looks to be Parker Bros.

Chuck Bishop
10-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Rick,

Here are some dimensions taken off my hang tag.

1. Distance between the end of the top tang down to the bottom of the floor plate tang = 26/32"
2. Distance from the top of the vertical line marked A, straight down to the bottom of the floor plate = 1 26/32"
3. Distance from the top end of the dolls head extension straight down to the end of the barrel = 2 15/32"

Everything about it looks correct compared to the hang tag.

Rick Losey
10-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Rick,

Here are some dimensions taken off my hang tag.

1. Distance between the end of the top tang down to the bottom of the floor plate tang = 26/32"
2. Distance from the top of the vertical line marked A, straight down to the bottom of the floor plate = 1 26/32"
3. Distance from the top end of the dolls head extension straight down to the end of the barrel = 2 15/32"

Everything about it looks correct compared to the hang tag.

Thanks Chuck
those measurements match the plate