PDA

View Full Version : Confused

John Flaherty
10-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Try to get some information about my Parker shotgun and was told I was breaking rules by offering it for sale. It is not for sale and I am not accepting bids. I would like to find the value since all my friends are trying to trade me for it. I was told to delete my post. I will and say goodby, but I can't figure out how. I thought I was a member of the group, but he said I was not. Thanks and sorry I broke rules.

Dean Romig
10-06-2012, 01:41 PM
John, nobody is asking you to go away. Please stay and enjoy all there is here to read and see. It simply looked like you were attempting to get offers for your Parker and Parkers for sale here is a privilege of paid PGCA Members.

You can join the PGCA on line if you wish - it is only $40 annually. This is definitely the place to hang out if you plan to buy any more Parkers.

Dean

John Flaherty
10-06-2012, 01:53 PM
when the guy said he was interested, I figured that was a way to find out the value. The gun is not for sale I just want to know what it's worth.

Dean Romig
10-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Okay then, maybe we can help you.

Richard Flanders
10-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Stick around John. Post pictures of the gun and you'll get all the help you need. Make sure you show the barrel ends, the tables and barrel flats, the stock and butt plate, receiver sides and bottom. The more pics the better. You're doing it right but making it very clear that the gun is not for sale.

John Flaherty
10-06-2012, 08:33 PM
I e-mailed some close up pictures of the receiver to the guy that said he was interested and he said he thought it was a Belgium made. tomorrow, I will try to figure out how to get pictures you suggested. I bought it as a wall hanger, and it looks good where it is and didn't know it might be a collectable at an estate auction, so if it is a Belgium I can live with that.

Rick Losey
10-06-2012, 10:33 PM
I e-mailed some close up pictures of the receiver to the guy that said he was interested and he said he thought it was a Belgium made. tomorrow, I will try to figure out how to get pictures you suggested. I bought it as a wall hanger, and it looks good where it is and didn't know it might be a collectable at an estate auction, so if it is a Belgium I can live with that.

does it say Parker or Parker Brothers on the locks?

also a Belgium gun should have proof marks on the under sides of the barrels
such as shown here

http://www.phoenixinvestmentarms.com/archives/proofmarks.pdf