PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Robert.Stokes
10-03-2012, 09:50 PM
A big hello to all from the hollers in KY. Like so many others, im sure, I have recently acquired a Parker that needs some work. With that in mind I figured I might as well ask the experts! Looking forward to any and all help yall can give!

Robby Stokes

Dean Romig
10-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Hi Robby,

Tell us about your Parker and what you believe it needs to have done. Pictures would be a good help in assessing its condition and potential problems.

Welcome aboard!

Robert.Stokes
10-03-2012, 10:52 PM
It is a V grade made in 1902 according to the serial number and as the story goes the last time it was fired it pierced a primer. The firing pin was broke off the hammer and the stock shattered beyond repair. It sat in this shape for an untold number of years before I was able to liberate it at a gun show. It goes without saying that a new hammer is in order and after removing the trigger plate a complete cleaning is in order. Without knowing the ins and outs of these fine guns I was a little leery to start jerking parts out. All the parts are original and matching numbers. I plan to restore it completely and make a good saddle gun out of it. I will post pics soon as I can as well as the serial number if yall wish.

Dean Romig
10-03-2012, 11:16 PM
What is a "saddle gun"?

Robert.Stokes
10-03-2012, 11:21 PM
It is simply that, a gun to be carried while in the saddle. As the barrels have already been cut down from their original length and damaged again which will require cutting to regain shootability, it will become a short, but legal, barreled shotgun which will be handy on horseback.

Brian Dudley
10-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Robby,

Welcome. It does sound like you have some work there. But all can be brought back with the right work and attention.

Welcome to the Forum and please do consider membership. It is well worth the modest expense.