PDA

View Full Version : "Selective Ejectors" on the Repo's.

joe breda
09-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Anyone know about "Selective Ejectors" on the Repo's. I found a flier/catolog and it shows they came standard on these pieces of art ! I have searched high and low and can find only a few references of such ! This is not to be confused with selective single trigers. Please see jpg.
Chreers,
Joe B

Mike Shepherd
09-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Selective ejectors fire only when that barrel has been fired. Non-selective fire them whether that barrel has been fired or not. The only guns I have ever seen non-selective ejectors on are lower priced single-shots. As a matter of fact I have never seen a two barrel gun with non-selective ejectors. They either had selective ejectors or extractors.

Best,

Mike

joe breda
09-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Hmmm that sounds logical, but a bit too simple.
I was under the impresion, selective ejectors, meant it was capable of selecting weather you wanted the ejectors to eject or be used as extractors, I know of some shotguns that have a togle so to select either to eject or to extract ?
JoeB

Dave Suponski
09-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Joe, I understand your reasoning but Mike gives a great description of "selective automatic ejectors". I am sure there is a description of the feature that you describe but I am at a loss for the proper terminology. I know some Lefever's had the ejector cut off feature.

joe breda
09-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks All, Maybe I will get more responses soon to weed this out.

Robin Lewis
09-24-2012, 07:07 PM

I don't think there is anything to sort out. Parker reproduction and original Parker shotguns shell removal came in two ways:
1) with extractors which simply raise the shell to be removed by the shooters fingers.
2) with ejectors. The ejectors were automatic selective ejectors in that only the spent shell would kick out while a non-fired shell would remain in the chamber but lifter up similar to an extractor for easy removal.

I am 99.9% (never say never) sure that Parker never had a selective ejector as you describe.

Greg Baehman
09-24-2012, 07:45 PM
The person that wrote up the brochure was thinking about a single selective trigger when he absent mindedly injected the word selective when listing automatic ejectors as being a standard feature. And the proof reader didn't catch it.

That's only one of the mistakes you'll find in the brochures, there are others.

Dean Romig
09-24-2012, 09:05 PM

joe, there is nothing more to "weed out". There is no other answer to the Parker Reproduction's ejectors. They were 'reproduced' exactly like the ejectors on the original Parkers. And they are "selective" only in that they will eject only the shell or shells that the shooter has selected to fire.

Mike Shepherd
09-25-2012, 02:47 AM
Deleted

Bruce Day
09-25-2012, 08:34 AM
xxxx

Chuck Heald
09-25-2012, 09:09 AM
:corn::dh:

Gerry Addison
09-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Beretta 471's have the switch under the forend that allows you to choose extractors or ejectors. Like several others have said on the Parkers, it is extractors or ejectors.

Mike Shepherd
09-25-2012, 10:22 AM
Page 128 of The Parker Story:

"SELECTIVE AUTOMATIC EJECTORS (SAEs) The idea of SAEs for a double-barreled cartridge gun originated in England, apparently, because Murcotts 1871 patent not only describes a hammerless gun, but his design also features automatic ejectors"

From Gough Thomas's Shotgun and Cartridges for Game and Clays 1975, page 31:

"The mechanism is in duplicate - one set for each barrel - and is therefore fully selective: it operates only if the gun has been fired; and if one barrel only has been discharged then it ejects only the appropriate case."

Besides, beating a dead horse is one of my hobbies.:)

Chuck Heald
09-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Mike
I had to shoot a horse once. I beatings stopped afterward.

joe breda
09-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks, you Guys are great !,
I was afraid that was what I was going to hear and was just checking to see if I was missing something ! Man-O-Man it would be nice for me be able to turn ejectors on or off, so to speak, would be handy on the Skeet range and such, But Oh well. I guess I will just have to live with the way it is, Not a big deal, and can't have everything, I guess !
CHEERS,
JoeB

Chuck Heald
09-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Joe,
Just a guess, but I would bet a great gunsmith could modify an ejector forend with a switch to cutoff the ejectors. That would be a cool feature. Someone the like Bachelder, Dan May, etc. might be willing to take on a project like that.

Fred Preston
09-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Some years ago I had a Red Label whose owner's manual described a simple process to enable/disable the ejectors. Later Red Label manuals don't include that information.