PDA

View Full Version : PGCA at Vintagers in Rhode Island

Dave Suponski
09-15-2012, 09:34 AM
The PGCA will have display only tables at this years Vintagers event. The event is being held at Addieville East Farm,Mapleville,Rhode Island. We will be set up Friday,Saturday and Sunday. Members that have contacted me about attending are asked that if you have guns that you want to display please bring them along. We will have two display racks that will hold 10 guns plus table space. Even if you are attending for only one day that would be fine. This way our display will be evolving as the weekend progresses. Any questions you can contact me at ctdoubles@aol.com Thanks all....

Dean Romig
09-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Dave, if you think we should have a third gun rack I can bring one.

Dave Suponski
09-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Thanks Dean, Bring it we may ending up using it. You know the old saying"better to have it and not need it than.......

Bill Murphy
09-16-2012, 05:56 PM
The "Old Saying" goes for liquor as well as gun racks. However, it didn't work for me at the first couple of Greenwich shows. I guess I should have been giving away gun racks instead of wine, crackers, and cheese. It would have gone over better with the powers that be.

Mike Kobos
09-21-2012, 03:55 PM
I plan to attend Thursday, Friday and Saturday. If there is anything that needs to be done before you "still working folks" arrive on Friday - let me know.
Plus I will bring a bunch of Parker catalogs for the tables - including the 1937 leather salesman catalog.
See you in a week

Dean Romig
09-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks Mike, that't great! I've never seen one.

Dave Suponski
09-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Thank You Mike! That will make a nice addition to our display. See ya soon..:)

George M. Purtill
09-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Plus I will bring a bunch of Parker catalogs for the tables - including the 1937 leather salesman catalog.
See you in a week

Do you have the 1932 flyer/brochure that mentions the skeet gun? If so please bring it!

Chuck Bishop
09-22-2012, 01:44 PM
I'll miss seeing you guys next week. It just wasn't in the cards this year. Hopefully I'll see many of you in South Carolina next month.

Good luck against those sly Foxes:eek:

Dave Suponski
09-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Thanks Chuck ......You WILL be missed......:)

Dave Suponski
09-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Gents,Here is the coveted Fox/Parker Challenge Cup. This should be a great event and this text was posted by Steve on the Fox site.

"A tradition like no other..." will unfold for the first time at this year's Vintage Cup. The first annual Fox vs. Parker Challenge will take place over Fri/Sat of next weekend. The majestic FPC Cup, pictured below, will be awarded to the victors, who will take posession and proudly display it in a place of honor until the following year's contest. A silver name plate will be added each year, engraved with the winning team and their cumulative score. Additionally, when the match is officially decided, a bottle of French champagne will be struck with a saber and the contents poured into the cup for the triumphant team to savor. Ahhhh, the photo opp's. should be endless!!

We sincerely hope that in 50 or even 100 years from now, future generations of Fox & Parker shooters will still be fervently competing for this prize and will look upon the FPC Cup, with the reverence it so justly deserves!!

Dave Suponski
09-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Wonderful...

Dean Romig
09-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Thet cup is sure going to look real purty with PGCA - 2012 engraved dead center.

Daryl Corona
09-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Damn guys, the first Vintagers I'll miss in 11 years and you guys are gonna finally have some fun shooting against them Fox boys. Don't take them too lightly, dem boys can shoot. Good luck men. How about a breakdown on what guns the winning shooters were using? Enjoy the bubbly!

Dean Romig
09-23-2012, 10:22 PM
How about a breakdown on what guns the winning shooters were using?

Daryl - I will have been shooting my 12 ga. DH with the Damascus barrels choked Open and tight Mod. :cool:

Daryl Corona
09-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Now that's the kind of attitude I like to hear! Good luck Dean (although I thought you were a smallbore kind of guy.)

Dean Romig
09-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Not when I need to do everything I can for my team.

Dave Suponski
09-24-2012, 07:12 AM
Daryl,I'm bringing the 12 gauge skeet configured gun which I will use for the challenge. But there will be a 30" 20 gauge and a 30" 16 gauge in the car for later. Wish you could have made it my friend....

Daryl Corona
09-24-2012, 07:51 AM
No more than I my friend. This work thing really sucks. Hey, wait a minute, I did'nt build this myself. Should'nt I get some relief from Washington so I could get some time off. After all they built the roads to Addieville. Good luck OP, sounds like you'll do well with you skeet configured gun. You have in the past.

Dave Purnell
09-24-2012, 04:37 PM
I've been to quite a few Vintagers, but Mom wants the whole family over for a cook out, she just turned 90, and that's just all there is to it.

Dave

Chuck Bishop
09-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Dave, did you check to see if that trophy is made of plastic:rolleyes: We deserve sterling silver:) Those Fox guys can be pretty cheep:nono:

Dave Suponski
09-24-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't know Chuck. It looks pretty nice but then looks can be deceiving. I'll let ya know after we have it on our table for the next year.....:rotf:

Craig Larter
09-25-2012, 04:47 PM
It's made of Chromox just like the "Finest Gun in the World":)

Dave Suponski
09-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Well Craig....Thats a good thing because if we had it made it would have been made of "Peerless" steel....Touche.....:)

George M. Purtill
09-25-2012, 07:25 PM
This is what makes a rivalry. Respectful Contempt.

Robin Lewis
09-26-2012, 04:53 PM
What is the forecast for this weekend in that part of the country?

Dean Romig
09-26-2012, 05:04 PM
50% - 60% chance of rain.... :banghead:

Rick Losey
09-26-2012, 05:55 PM
50% - 60% chance of rain.... :banghead:

or - as the Penn Yan radio used to say in the Finger Lakes when I was growing up

you have a 40 to 50 % chance of no rain.

Larry Frey
09-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Wonderful...

Today a good number of scores have been recorded and team Parker is well out in front. If all goes well tomorrow we will be toasting another Parker victory. For those that couldn't make it stay tuned.:)

Dean Romig
09-28-2012, 10:17 PM
The 'grapevine' tells me one Parker shooter broke 40/50 and another broke 47/50.

Scores like that will make me leave my Pahka in the caah :eek:

Frank Srebro
09-29-2012, 07:19 AM
AS OF END OF THE DAY FRIDAY (sum of top 5 scores)

Fox - Parker Challenge
Team Fox - 181
Team Parker - 180

Dean Romig
09-29-2012, 07:56 PM
It is official - The First Annual AHFGCA vs. PGCA Challenge Cup Shoot was a huge success. Final scorecards were received and tabulated at the A.H. Fox display tables by about 4 p.m. and the scores were added up. The total combined score - top Parker shooter's scores plus top Fox shooter's scores totalled 420 targets broken... (later for the breakdown for each team).

There were a total of 46 shooters participating in the 50-target event.

The scores of the top 5 shooters from each team were totalled for the overall team score.

The top 5 Parker shooters were as follows;

Carl Harlan..............47
Dave Fjeline............40
Larry Frey...............40
George Purtell..........37
Raymond Roy...........37
Total Score............201

The top 5 A.H. Fox shooter's scores were;

Chuck Devinne........49
Jim Kline................44
Frank Srebro..........44
Bill Sanford............42
Paul Plunkett.........40
Total Score..........219

So, there you have it folks - The AHFGCA bested the PGCA by 18 targets.
The scores were secondary to the Great Time we all had with the banter, the pranks, the great competetive spirit and the wonderful comeraderie. At the end of the day we all enjoyed each other's company at the PGCA booth with a very respectful and hearty Congratulations to the Fox Team, while we shared wine, beer, all sorts of apetizers, all kinds of gun talk, and having to listen to wildly invented excuses as to why somebody shot like he did today or what caused the other to miss this or that target. It was great and we'll do it all again next year when Team Parker will vindicate themselves... hopefully. :bigbye:

Larry Frey
09-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Congratulations to our friends in the Fox organization for the great sportsmanship and fine shooting they demonstrated throughout the weekend. Thanks also to Dave Suponski and Steve "Toolman" Cambria for coming up with this event literally at the last minute. I think now that the groundwork has been done this event will only grow and be refined much like the Parker/LC Smith Challenge. I look forward to next year when that beautiful trophy will be ours.

Dean Romig
09-30-2012, 07:28 AM
TTT