PDA

View Full Version : 16/20 Experiences

timcornish
09-04-2012, 11:46 PM
After almost being had by a GI seller who is the subject of another recent thread and being warned off by many of you fine folks who alerted me to the doubt about the 16 ga barrels really being Kreighoff I bought a set that belonged at one time to Bob who filled me in on some of the gun's eccentricities..

Thus far I have killed three limits of doves with the sixteen (another limit was taken with my repro 28 sans ejectors. Today after work I went out and the gun fired both barrels several times. My solution was to use it as a single shot for the rest of the hunt - the thing fits me like a glove and is fast and deadly with my reloads. But how big a deal is it to get this fixed?

Daryl Corona
09-05-2012, 05:01 AM
Tim;
90% of the time it's just in need of a good cleaning. You'll need to remove the floorplate to do this so if you are not comfortable doing this or don't have the proper screwdrivers you'll need to get a competent double smith of which there are many depending on where you live. Good luck and nice job on the bird limits.

Dean Romig
09-05-2012, 05:32 AM
Dave Suponski recently had a Repro that would double sometimes. He sent it to Abe Chaber and it never doubled again.

Tony Guccioni
09-05-2012, 06:32 AM
A good clean will probably do the trick. ( both of my single trigger N.I.C Repros bought very recently had the same problem. )

AND, my advice is ... DO NOT send to Briley.

Paul Ehlers
09-05-2012, 08:54 PM
A good clean will probably do the trick. ( both of my single trigger N.I.C Repros bought very recently had the same problem. )

AND, my advice is ... DO NOT send to Briley.

++1

timcornish
09-05-2012, 11:24 PM
I an usually figure out gunsmithing tasks and have done lots of work on winchesters etc but not doubles. The screwdrivers are not a problem, I usually gring a good fit but are there any tips for removing the floor plate?

Dean Romig
09-06-2012, 05:50 AM
There are some very good instructions in the FAQ section accessible from our Home page.