PDA

View Full Version : New memeber with questions

John Gallagher
09-01-2012, 05:57 PM
I have recently acquired a Parker hammer gun from a friend who wants to sell it. I would like to purchase it from him but neither of us know what it is worth. It is a 12 gauge with 30 " barrels that appear to be full and full. The info that I have gleaned from this website have allowed me to determine that it is a #2 frame and a G grade or #2 grade. The serial # dates it to 1901. The serial # is 107307. The barrels are marked Damascus. The shotguns is in very good condition with excellent bores and the action is tight. The wood has the original finish with no cracks, chips, gouges etc. There are several small blemishes in the wood but nothing major. The receiver has lost most of the colors on exposed areas but has no rust or pitting, the barrel still shows the Damascus pattern quite well. If I can figure out how to post some pics I will.
I am a gunsmith whose specialty is Ruger single actions and custom rifle work. I know next to nothing about the value of this shotgun but would like to purchase it if I can afford it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mark Ouellette
09-01-2012, 06:30 PM
John,

Always tough to value a gun without seeing it in person but... good photos will help immensely!

Mark

John Gallagher
09-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Hers are a few pics of the shotgun that I asked inquired about.

Steve Huffman
09-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Tell us something about the top lever looks way left is it a fishtail ? nice gun though

Mark Ouellette
09-02-2012, 10:30 AM
John,

I'd give a thousand easily and if I wanted the gun I'd pay $1500. The gun looks unmolested so maybe it will be worth more. I think $1500 is a fair market price.

How about some other opinions?

Mark

Gary Carmichael Sr
09-02-2012, 10:37 AM
John, A nice looking gun, is it a 2 frame?, take the gun apart and look on the bottom of the barrel lug the number will be stamped there. I could not find the serial # in the serialization book but you still might be able to get a letter on it. You can find out under research. Best Gary

John Gallagher
09-02-2012, 10:53 AM
The lever is a fishtail, the frame is a #2. It does not appear to have been molested. All the screw heads are clean and properly regulated. The bores are bright and shiny. Is ammo available that is safe to use in this shotgun ?

Richard Flanders
09-02-2012, 01:41 PM
How about a close up of the damascus pattern? It looks unusual. Looks like a very nice gun to me. A lot of us shoot guns like this on a regular basis as long as they are in sound condition. I wish my damascus 10ga hammer gun had a fishtail lever so I could open it with the right hammer back.

Daryl Corona
09-02-2012, 01:49 PM
John;
That is a smoking nice gun. How are the bores? If you can get that gun for $1500 I'd jump on it. You can shoot RST or any low pressure light payload shell in it. Hope you get it.

John Gallagher
09-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Here are a couple of pics of the Damascus pattern.

calvin humburg
09-03-2012, 08:49 PM
That is a nice gun! Whats on the floor. You don't find guns like that ofter.

charlie cleveland
09-09-2012, 02:25 PM
i go along with the other guys id jump on it at 1500 real nice gun... charlie

David Dwyer
09-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Very nice gun! $1,500 would be a really good price, $1800 would be OK
JMHO
David