PDA

View Full Version : Average DAH & DAC on straight grip

Jerry McCarty
08-27-2012, 08:13 PM
I believe my straight gripped 12b Repro has higher than average DAH (2") and DAC (1 3/8") although I have no data to support this. It's a 2 barrel set and I shoot either barrel configuration fairly well but must be very diligent about gun mount as those dimensions are not very forgiving! So, do those dims seem higher than average for straight gripped Repros? I would appreciate any feedback from the forum.

-Jerry

Greg Baehman
08-27-2012, 08:44 PM
If my three straight gripped Repros are any indication I would say that your Repro is stocked higher than the average Repro. Having said that, I have seen several Repros stocked similarly to yours.

Jerry McCarty
08-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks WS. At one point, I was able to find the brochures and other product information provided from Winchester that someone had scanned and posted but not now. Don't recall if standard dimensions were stated or if customers could order to spec... I hope this info is still posted and if someone can provide the link, I would be grateful.

Greg Baehman
08-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Virtually everything on paper about Parker Reproductions is in the All Albums section of this site, it's called Modern Parker Paper. Here's a link to it:
http://parkerguns.org/forums/album.php?albumid=99

Jerry McCarty
08-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks again. Found what I was looking for and it seems my gun is pretty close to the nominal dimensions listed in the product literature.

Chuck Heald
09-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Jerry,
My 28ga had similar dimensions. 1 3/8 x 2 1/4.

Too high for my sloppy style and field shooting.

I bent it to suit me. Took two bends to get it right for me.

The butt is now somewhere around 2 9/16. The hot Eurasian dove shooting in Yuma on Saturday confirmed the fit is right for me.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/roaniecowpony/DSC_4692.jpg

Kenny Graft
09-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Bending shown above is a great option. Several smiths offer this service. Repro's are stocked high. Most of my repro's are 1 1/8 X 2 1/8 to 1 3/8 X 2 3/8. I like 1 3/8X 2 3/8 best. I hope to build a bending station like the one shown above one day.....Stocks do vary a little as they were hand finished. Thanks all SXS ohio

Jerry McCarty
09-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Chuck,

That's a heck of a contraption you have built there. Looks like it provides excellent control of the process. I did not note that my gun was bent back to neutral cast when I acquired it. Mike Orlen did the job and did it well IMO. he probably took out 3/8" and stabilized a small check in the grain near the back end of the top tang. I wish I had discussed a second bend to bring it down just a bit while I had it with him as this may have influenced how to deal with the check.. I would like to get it to 2 1/2 and maybe a little cast off so I can get really dialed in with it as it's a very functional 2 barrel set.

Regards,

Jerry