PDA

View Full Version : SHRIMP BOATS

william faulk
08-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Rockport ,Texas...:bigbye:

charlie cleveland
08-26-2012, 06:30 PM
pretty boats...i once got to visit a shrimp store. a place where the boats brought there shrimp to market and sell them..this was the cleanest operation i ever seen make a hosiptal envious of how clean it was. and of a whole days catch they would have about a half gallon bucket of the biggest shrimp i ever saw..the store keeper said these always went to someone special...at that time i think the small shrimp were 1.50 a pound and them big shrimp were about 10.50 best i remember.. i bet theres a lot of work in shrimping.... charlie

Gary Carmichael Sr
08-28-2012, 09:26 PM
It is a lot of work charlie, We would drag all night, culling was the worst part, you never knew what was in the basket till dumped on the deck. most boats followed the shrimp from the Carolina's to florida, I did it for the a friend when he needed help!

calvin humburg
08-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Run Forrest!

Gary what were some of the things you remember throwing back in the sea? Do the ever find any old shipreck stuff? Anything neet?

Gary Carmichael Sr
08-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Sharks, blowfish, sea urchins, a flounder or two and once in a while a piece of wood etc. Worst of the lot jellyfish!

Richard Flanders
09-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Good post Jent. I vaguely remember some of that dustup. Just more evidence of the lack of foresight of our glorious federal government and their "we are here to help you" mentality.