PDA

View Full Version : Pete's Pups

Fred Preston
08-16-2012, 09:03 PM
The little tramp from the next farm over took advantage of Pete a couple months ago and now the poor guy is being hit up for child support.

Rick Losey
08-16-2012, 09:11 PM
well - looks like it would be hard for him to deny paternity

:rotf:

Bill Davis
08-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Interesting looking Mama! I'll bet you get some good hunters out of the litter!!

Rich Anderson
08-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Tell Pete to pay up.:) It takes two to tango:whistle:

Bill Murphy
08-17-2012, 02:21 PM
I suggest you send a half dozen training quail over there so they can be tested for "birdiness" in a few weeks.

calvin humburg
08-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Boy I am glad (for once you live so far away) I love a black en white pointer. Is Pete related to Ringo.

yup don't think you'll need to do dna testing.

Pete is a VERY fine looken dog. Mom a cow dog?

Fred Preston
08-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Pete's distantly related to Ringo; they both go back to Snakefoot to one degree or other. The little girl is really a nice dog. The present caretaker said she was a "dumped" dog, calls her an Amish dog. Looks to me like a squirrel dog, sort of a moutain fiest with stand up ears.

Fred Preston
08-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Calvin, Pete doesn't always go around with his tounge hanging out like that. It was cropped from a pic of a year ago when Archie was a pain-in-the-ass squirt pestering Pete. If it wasn't so easy for Pete to out run him at the time, the kid could have been lunch. Today is a different story; Archie out weighs him by about 15 pounds and is just as fast. They're now like a couple of brothers, sometimes squabbling, but mostly cooperating. they hunt pretty well together.

Fred Preston
09-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Pups are doing pretty well. Lost one so we're down to 7. A week or so ago Mama moved them out of the hay and into a den under an old swamp oak. I guess there were too many people (kids) sneaking a look between the bales to suit her. I've seen them in the new den but when I was going to stick the camera down the hole, she wasn't having any of that at that time.

Dean Romig
09-05-2012, 10:37 PM
She might be part badger denning under the roots of a tree like that...

Jerry Harlow
09-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Pete must have been drinking the same thing Prince Andrew was. It will make royalty roll in the hay with commoners. :nono:

Fred Preston
09-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Strange what "love" can do. I now run a taxi service about 3 or 4 times a week, picking Pete up before sundown after a visitation. They both come running up to me when I arrive and when I open up the box, they'll rub noses a couple of times and Pete goes into the box. Upon thinking it over, the August heat in the hay barn may have as much to do with the move as anything. She is reluctant to let anyone near the pups, but especially me, as every time I show up, I take Pete away.

Fred Preston
09-09-2012, 07:09 PM
They are venturing out of the den now for short walkarounds. The last pic is meeting Uncle Wally.

Jerry Harlow
09-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Pete must have been drinking the same thing Prince Andrew was. It will make royalty roll in the hay with commoners. :nono:

My gaffe. Of course I meant Prince Harry recently. But in the back of my mind I remembered Prince Andrew couldn't keep his clothes on either. Prince Charles, King Henry, etc., they all have the affliction that Pete had.

I like the zebra-striped pup.

calvin humburg
11-11-2012, 08:37 AM
So how goes the story.

Fred Preston
11-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Calvin, By 8 weeks all the pups had new homes; surprising for a bunch of mutts. I got one; named Beba, same as Pete Best and his wife named their first born. She is very bold and active and works the wing on a string pretty well; holding longer each time she finds she can't catch it. Hope she makes a decent Pointer, though I suspect she will be a little more "versitile". Some pics at 12 weeks follow.

Daryl Corona
11-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Fred;
Great looking pup. Are you talking Pete Best the musician?

Fred Preston
11-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Yes Daryl. When I was fishing around for a name for my first EP, I landed on Ringo (Starr) as he had a sort of goofy look. Pete (Beba's daddy) is Ringo's successor and, though out of order, is named for the Beatles original drummer.

Daryl Corona
11-11-2012, 09:31 PM
I would have never, in a million years, taken you for a Beatles fan. You go Fred. Greatest group in R&R history. We gotta meet next year to chase some birds. I thought about you and Archie as I was passing through Ohio on my way to SD last month.