PDA

View Full Version : posting pictures??

Jim Bennett
08-09-2012, 11:12 PM
How do I post pictures with an ad for sale?
Managed to upload pics to my album but not to the ad post. Links were there but won't open.

Jim...............

Robin Lewis
08-09-2012, 11:30 PM
at the bottom of the parkerguns.org page click on FAQ and then go to the bottom of the page and click on the two links to video's that:

Shows how to get a picture that is to large to upload resized so it will. (http://parkerguns.org/pages/faq/DemoMovie/PlayResizePictureVedio.html)
Shows how to upload a picture into a forum thread. (http://parkerguns.org/pages/faq/DemoMovie/PlayUploadPictureVedio.html)

Dean Romig
08-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Please keep in mind Jim that guns for sale can only be posted in the "Members Only" section.

Jim Bennett
08-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Thanks for your reply

Warren Sandberg
08-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi,

I also would like to find out how to attach photos to a post. Followed your instructions below to view the video, but said I needed a "plug in." When I clicked on the icon a message popped up "No plug in found." Any help would be appreciated. Yes, I am a PGCA member.

at the bottom of the parkerguns.org page click on FAQ and then go to the bottom of the page and click on the two links to video's that:

Shows how to get a picture that is to large to upload resized so it will. (http://parkerguns.org/pages/faq/DemoMovie/PlayResizePictureVedio.html)
Shows how to upload a picture into a forum thread. (http://parkerguns.org/pages/faq/DemoMovie/PlayUploadPictureVedio.html)

Robin Lewis
08-12-2012, 02:12 PM
I guess your internet browser doesn't have a plugin that will allow you to view the video. I will leave how to set up your browser up to you, maybe with some help from your internet provider. I will try to explain verbally what the video was trying to tell you:

In the quick reply window to answer any post, click on the "go advanced" button. Type in your text and then scroll the window down a bit to the next info section box and click on the "Manage Attachments" button.

A popup window will come up and you will see 5 empty boxes and a browse button next to each. Click browse and navigate to the pictures on your computer that you want to load onto the forum. select the picture and its name will load in the empty box. You can do 5 pictures before you need to click the "upload" button to send those pictures up to the web server. If you have more than 5, repeat the above as needed to get them all in.

NOTE: UNDER THE 5 EMPTY BOXES IS A LIST OF INFO FOR YOU. IT LISTS WHAT TYPE OF FILE YOU CAN UPLOAD (the last 3 letter of the file name - after a '.' ) AND MOST IMPORTANT, THE MAX SIZE OF THE FILE IT WILL ACCEPT.

If your picture file is to large it will be rejected AFTER you do click on "submit reply".

If you need to resize the file, I suggest you use the Windows program "paint" which is standard on all Microsoft computer systems. Find paint in the Start list in the accessories folder.

Start "paint" and "open" your picture that is to large for the forum. Then click the "resize" option in the top action bar. That will bring up a small popup window and in that window click on the box "maintain aspect ratio" and then click on the "Pixels" select circle. Then, find the larger of either Horizontal or Vertical info boxes values and change it to the max value (or less) that the forum upload box told you it would select. I use 1000 for all but .gif or .bmp file types. You probably use .jpg picture files so try 1000, that works fine for me.

Warren Sandberg
08-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks, Robin. I very much appreciate your detailed response and will soon put your instructions to use.

Gary Carmichael Sr
08-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Robin, I also get "missing plug in" so can not see instructions maybe our moderator can help us? John?

Robin Lewis
08-13-2012, 08:44 AM
"Missing plug in" does not tell me much. I can't tell what format John's forum software actually uses but I will make a guess that if you install "Adobe Flash Player" extension/plug-in to your browser, you may be able to watch these forum movies. Check to see if you have the Adobie Flash Player installed and if not get it.

If you don't have it, go to www.adobe.com and on their web page look in the lower right section for "download" and under it is flash player. It should be free.

This "may" solve your problem. Let me know, I don't use Microsoft Internet Explorer so this is all a guess but if you get flash player directly from Adobe it is safe to install and it is something nice to have on a computer.

I hope John chimes in on this too!

John Farrell
08-13-2012, 01:47 PM
For the benefit of those asking the questions of Robin, I got the "go advanced" note last week from RL and got my photos posted OK. The trick is - on the "browse" page, once you click on the Upload box, be patient while the system prepares the photo to be posted. I went to the kitchen and made some coffee and toast with strawberry jelly. YUM! When I came back the deed was done. JF