PDA

View Full Version : 20 gauge 26" DT, BTFE, Straight - $4000

Rex Northen
08-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Seems like a pretty good deal, I'd be all over it if the wood inspired me a bit more...

http://www.gunsinternational.com/PARKER-REPRODUCTION-DHE-20-GAUGE.cfm?gun_id=100268956

Gerry Addison
08-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Be careful with that fiddleback through the wrist.

Joe Bernfeld
08-02-2012, 05:30 PM
They're all advertised as "rare configuration" when dealers sell them. I'm not fond of fiddleback either. Price is average.

Kenny Graft
08-02-2012, 05:34 PM
This gun has had the chokes opened....I had enquired about it few months back, he would not budge on the price back then. Would make a nice grouse shooter.......SXS ohio

Bobby Cash
08-02-2012, 06:23 PM
I owned this gun for a few weeks back in January of 2011 before I sent it packing back to the "reputable dealer" from whom I purchased it. When I mentioned the chokes had been opened from Mod/IC, his first reply was that that's how they came from the factory, loose.
I called bull$h!t. After the gun was returned, it showed up in a different "dealers" inventory but was listed with constrictions closer to reality.

It was a very nice Repro but I needed another Skeet gun like I needed another hole on my head. :vconfused:

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3235

Dean Romig
08-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Correction... 'fiddleback' is fine as long as the grain of the wood is straight, and that one is.
What you should stay away from is marble cake or curly grain at the head of the stock or in the wrist.

Gerry Addison
08-02-2012, 09:20 PM
I can only say from my personal experience with my 28GA which has fiddleback and very straight grain through the wrist that is snapped straight through at the wrist and the man that repaired it said the fiddleback guns that run all the way through the wrist are much more prone to breakage. He also told me he could make a good living repairing only LC Smiths, SO4's and SO5's, and Parker Repro guns especially in 28GA. I taught woodworking for 18 years and I love nice wood, but the fiddleback has hard and soft "lines" which can give you a shear point.